Individual Travel Funding
Please fill out and submit the individual funding form below at least 3 days prior to the SCOMSA meeting before the event. SCOMSA meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month, so this means all funding requests must be submitted the Sunday before the meeting by 11:59 pm. (See the SCOMSA meeting schedule)
Individual Funding Request Form
- If you are presenting research completed at BUMC, you are eligible for up to 75% of the requested amount. SCOMSA will not reimburse more than $550.
- If you are presenting, you must seek outside funding prior to applying to SCOMSA. Funding received before or after request approvals must be disclosed to SCOMSA.
- If you are attending and not presenting, you are eligible for up to 50% of the requested amount. SCOMSA will not reimburse more than $300.
- Please submit the following to Liz Gallagher 30 days after your trip:
- Two applications are allowed per year, with the calendar year initiating June 1st, and the student must be actively enrolled in the School of Medicine. MD/PhD’s in their PhD years are not eligible for SCOMSA funding as they are GMS students.
- SCOMSA does NOT cover registration fees. Please seek other sources of funding for these fees, as SCOMSA will not reimburse you for them.
- Those requesting funding for national organization conferences, please see National Conference Funding.
- You are required to submit a blurb to SCOMSA after your event.
*Please remember that whenever you submit a request for funding, you should always get a confirmation email from the SCOMSA email account, stating the meeting at which we will vote on your request (this email is in addition to the automated copy of your request form that you should also receive following submission). If you do not receive the confirmation email, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.