Please fill out and submit the individual funding form below if you would like to request funding. You must complete it well in advance of your event in order to ensure SCOMSA has time to meet and vote on your request.
Individual Funding Request Form
- If you are presenting research completed at BUMC, you are eligible for up to 75% of the requested amount. Your 75% cannot exceed $550, this is the max we will give students presenting at a conference.
- If you are attending and not presenting, you are eligible for up to 50% of the requested amount. The 50% cannot exceed $300, this is the max we will give students attending a conference.
- If you are presenting, you must seek outside funding prior to applying to SCOMSA. Written documentation from your lab supervisor must be submitted if no such funding is available. Funding received before or after request approvals must be disclosed to SCOMSA.
- Name of PI and department must be written on the application in order to get funding.
- All original itemized receipts, boarding passes, and your SCOMSA funding approval email should be returned to Liz Gallagher along with the following SCOMSA Reimbursement Form within 30 days following the trip. Receipts will NOT be accepted if they are not itemized.
- Two applications are allowed per year, with the calendar year initiating June 1st, and the student must be actively enrolled in the School of Medicine.
- SCOMSA does NOT cover registration fees. Please seek other sources of funding for these fees, as SCOMSA will not reimburse you for them.
- You may not request individual funding to a BUSM student organization’s official national conference unless that group is not sending any students to the event. If the organization is sending students to the event, please contact the group leaders so that you may request funding as a group.
- You are required to submit a blurb to SCOMSA after your event.