Individual Travel Funding
Please fill out and submit the individual funding form below at least 3 days prior to the SCOMSA meeting before the event. SCOMSA meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month, so this means all funding requests must be submitted the Sunday before the meeting by 11:59 pm. (See the SCOMSA meeting schedule)
Individual Funding Request Form
- Please read the TRAVEL Section of the Funding Guidelines.
- Two applications are allowed per year, with the calendar year initiating June 1st, and the student must be actively enrolled in the School of Medicine. MD/PhD’s in their PhD years are not eligible for SCOMSA funding as they are GMS students.
- If you are presenting research completed at BUMC, you are eligible for up to 75% of the requested amount. SCOMSA will not reimburse more than $550.
- If you are not presenting BU research (please note this includes leading workshops/small groups), you are eligible for up to 50% of the requested amount. SCOMSA will not reimburse more than $300.
If your funding request is approved, please submit Reimbursement Forms within 30 days following your trip. The following items are required and can be submitted via the Online Travel Reimbursement Form:
- All original itemized receipts
- Boarding passes
- SCOMSA funding approval email
- Event Blurb
- SCOMSA Reimbursement Form A
- SCOMSA Reimbursement Form B
- An event brochure or copy of conference registration confirmation
*Please remember that when you submit a request for funding, you should always get an automated confirmation email and a personal confirmation email from the SCOMSA email account stating the meeting at which we will vote on your request. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please email us at email@example.com.