Mathilde Krim Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research
DEADLINE: LOI due no later than Thursday, May 15, 2014
Funds availailable: $150,000, including maximum 10% indirect costs.
Performance period: two years starting October 1, 2014.
The goal of amfAR’s Mathilde Krim Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research is to:
- Facilitate the exceptional postdoctoral researcher’s transition to a productive and independent long-term career in HIV/AIDS research
- Support two years of postdoctoral basic biomedical research (phase I)
- Provide the possibility of one additional year of research funding during the first year of an independent research position (phase II)
Applicants must be conducting basic biomedical research on HIV/AIDS to be considered for funding in this program.
Krim Fellowship applicants must:
- Hold a research or clinical doctorate completed between three and six years prior to April 17, 2014
- Be positioned to secure an independent research position no later than March 2017
- Be mentored by an experienced investigator at the same U.S. or international nonprofit research institution who: (a) is qualified to oversee the proposed research; (b) has successfully supervised postdoctoral fellows; and (c) is at the associate professor level or higher.
- Be the main author on significant publications in leading international peer-reviewed journals
- Have made oral and poster presentations at major scientific conferences and meetings
If you have difficulty accessing the RFP or downloading the forms please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
amfAR grants are made to nonprofit organizations worldwide. Applicant fellows and mentors need not be U.S. citizens, and there are no restrictions as to age, color, creed, gender, medical condition, handicap, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Forms & Instructions
Submission of a Krim Fellowship Letter of Intent (LOI) is now an online process. Take the following steps to request web portal log-in credentials and Letter of Intent (LOI) forms and instructions:
- CLICK HERE to download the request form
- Complete the form and email it to email@example.com. It is strongly suggested that all requests for log-in credentials and LOI materials are made, at the very latest, by 12:00 PM EST on May 14, 2014.
Log-in credentials are not interchangeable. Each potential applicant must send a separate request for forms.
Please share this post with colleagues who might also be interested in the program or in responding to future amfAR RFPs.