The Department of Radiology at Boston University Medical Center:
- Provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services using appropriate radiological evaluations to deliver the highest quality of care with optimal patient outcomes.
- Committed to improving healthcare by achieving excellence in diagnostic imaging and image-guided treatments.
- Dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in training medical students, residents, fellows, and technologists. We emphasize clinical indications, imaging protocols, and outcome expectations.
- Facilitates information-sharing and, in so doing, educates healthcare providers and trainees to enable them to utilize radiological techniques optimally.
- Promotes scientific inquiry among its faculty and trainees for advancement of radiological sciences and clinical practice through basic biomedical research, technology assessment, clinical research, practice guidelines, and outcomes research.
As of September, 2015, Dr. Alexander Norbash is stepping down from the Radiology Chair position. Dr. Jorge Soto will be serving as the interim Chair while a national search for a permanent Chair is underway.