The Department of Radiology at Boston University Medical Center:
- Provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services using appropriate radiological evaluations to deliver the highest quality of care with optimal patient outcomes.
- Committed to improving healthcare by achieving excellence in diagnostic imaging and image-guided treatments.
- Dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in training medical students, residents, fellows, and technologists. We emphasize clinical indications, imaging protocols, and outcome expectations.
- Facilitates information-sharing and, in so doing, educates healthcare providers and trainees to enable them to utilize radiological techniques optimally.
- Promotes scientific inquiry among its faculty and trainees for advancement of radiological sciences and clinical practice through basic biomedical research, technology assessment, clinical research, practice guidelines, and outcomes research.