Helen Hollingsworth, M.D.
Faculty and Fellows
Associate Professor of Medicine
Medical School: University of Rochester
Internship: Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital
Residency: Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital
Pulmonary Fellowship: Boston University
Training in Allergy & Immunology: Tufts-New England Medical Center
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Dr. Hollingsworth is active as a clinician educator in both the Allergy & Immunology fellowship program and in the Pulmonary Fellowship program. In 2004, she was awarded the Robert Dawson Evans Department of Medicine Teaching Award at Boston Medical Center. She is listed in Best Doctors and in Boston Consumers’ Checkbook.
Dr. Hollingsworth is also a Deputy Editor of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep at UpToDate®, an electronic, evidence-based clinical resource for physicians. As deputy editor, she writes and edits Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep topics, reviewing the medical literature daily and updating topics with the latest medical evidence.
- Hollingsworth HM, Pratter MR, Irwin RS. Extrapulmonary Causes of Respiratory Failure. In: Intensive Care Medicine, 7th ed. Irwin R, Rippe J, eds. Lippincott Wilkins & Williams 2012.
- Little FF, Hollingsworth HM. Anaphylaxis. In: Intensive Care Medicine, 7th ed. Irwin R, Rippe J, eds. Lippincott Wilkins & Williams 2012.
- Reardon CC, Hollingsworth HM. Acute Respiratory Failure in Pregnancy. In: Intensive Care Medicine, 7th ed. Irwin R, Rippe J, eds. Lippincott Wilkins & Williams 2012.
- Hollingsworth HM. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. (Case 32-2001). NEJM 2001(Oct 18);345:1193-1200.
- Clinical Centers-Allergy
- Clinical Centers-Asthma
- Translational research-Asthma/Allergy/Immunology
- Translational research-Interstitial lung disease
Dr Hollingsworth sees Pulmonary and Allergy patients on the 9th Floor of the Shapiro Center, Ste. 9B, 725 Albany St., Boston, MA 02118. For an appointment call 617-638-7480.