Christine Campbell Reardon, M.D.
Faculty and Fellows
Associate Professor of Medicine
Program Director of Fellowship Training
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Associate Director of Medical Intensive Care Unit
Boston Medical Center
Director of Respiratory Care Services
Massachusetts Hospital School
Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine
Internship: Boston City Hospital
Residency: Boston City Hospital
Fellowship: Boston University
- Ventilator modes in the ICU
- Ventilator associated pneumonias
- Lung cancer
- Lung cancer
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Noninvasive ventilation
Dr. Reardon is an Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine. She attends in the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Boston Medical Center . Dr. Reardon participates in the care of patients in the Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Clinic. Dr. Reardon provides pulmonary consultative services to a pediatric neuromuscular disease clinic at the Massachusetts Hospital School . She also provides pulmonary consultative services for an affiliated rehabilitation hospital.
Dr. Reardon has been the principle investigator for the Boston Medical Center study site for the multicenter trial investigating the safety and effectiveness of a bronchoscopically instilled surfactant in ARDS. She is currently a principle investigator in several trials including a comparison of neoadjuvant and adjuvant therapy in N2 nonsmall cell lung cancer and pulmonary function changes following induction high-dose concurrent chemotherapy prior to resection for nonsmall cell lung cancer. Additionally, Dr. Reardon is the principle investigator in a project comparing a computer driven weaning algorithm with the standar of care in a MICU patient population.
- Campbell Reardon, C., D. Christiansen, E. Barnett, H. Cabral, 2005, Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation vs. Incentive Spirometry for Children with Neuromuscular Disease, 2005. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:526-531.
- Wilson, KC, C. Reardon, A. Theodore, H. Farber. Propylene Glycol Toxicity: A Severe Iatrogenic Illness in ICU Patients Receiving IV Benzodiazepines: A Case Series and Prospective, Observational Pilot Study. Chest 2005; 128; 1674-1681.
- Reardon, C., J. Marini, L. Wright, 2003. “Acute Respiratory Failure”, in Textbook of Pulmonary Diseases, 7th ed., Lippincott-Raven.
- Campbell Reardon C. and H. Hollingsworth, “Acute Respiratory Failure in Pregnancy”, in Intensive Care Medicine, 5th ed. Irwin, R. and J. Rippe (eds), Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2003.
- Zhang, Y, H. Kornfeld, W. Cruikshank, S. Kim, C. Reardon, D. Center, 2001. Nuclear translocation of the N-terminal prodomain of interleukin-16. J. Biol Chem 276(2): 1299-1303.
- Ieong, M., C. Campbell Reardon, S. Levitz, H. Kornfeld. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection of alveolar macrophages impairs their innate fungicidal activity. 2000. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:966-970.
- Koziel, H, S. Kim, C. Campbell Reardon, X. Li, R. Garland, P. Pinkston, H. Kornfeld. Enhanced in vivo human immunodeficiency virus-1 replication in the lungs of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons with Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia. 1999, Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160(6):2048-2055.
- Hollingsworth, H and C. Campbell Reardon, “Acute Respiratory Failure in Pregnancy” in Intensive Care Medicine, 4th ed. Irwin, R, R. Cerra, and J. Rippe (eds) Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 1998.
- Campbell Reardon, C. and A. Theodore, 1997. “Lung Cancer” in Practical approach to pulmonary medicine, eds. Goldstein, RH, JL O’Connell, and JB Karlinsky, Lippincott-Raven Publishers.
- Campbell Reardon, C., S. Kim, RP Wagner, H. Kornfeld. Interferon-gamma reduces the capacity of human alveolar macrophages to inhibit growth of Cryptococcus in vitro, 1996, Am J Cell Mol Biol. 15:711-715.
- Campbell Reardon, C. S. Kim, RP Wagner, H. Kornfeld. Phagocytosis and growth inhibition of Cryptococcus neoformans by human alveolar macrophages: Effects of HIV-1 infection, 1996 AIDS, 10:613-618.
Dr. Reardon sees referred patients at Boston University’s Center for Thoracic Oncology