Interventional Pulmonology and Bronchoscopy
The Interventional Program at Boston Medical Center is dedicated to the care of patients with complex airway disease including obstructing cancers, broncholiths, relapsing polychondritis, tracheoesophageal fistulae, tracheobronchial and laryngeal amyloidosis, papillomatosis, tracheal stenoses, and tracheomalacia.
The Interventional Program is a multi-disciplinary service with representatives from Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic Oncology Clinic, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesiology, Gastroenterology, and Radiation Oncology.
- Chest Problems Conference – difficult cases are presented to Thoracic Surgery, radiology and bronchoscopy images/video tapes reviewed, pulmonary physiology discussed, and interventional treatments planned.
- Thoracic Oncology Center conference attended by Radiology, Thoracic Oncology, Thoracic Surgery, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Radiation Oncology.
- Pulmonary Grand Rounds – with presentation and discussion of difficult airway management case outcomes.
Procedures performed by the Interventional Service
- Photodynamic Therapy – esophageal and tracheobronchial disease
- Balloon Dilatation of Airway Stenoses (Bronchoplasty)
- Transbronchial Needle Aspiration
- Airway Dilatation by Rigid Bronchoscopy
- Nd:YAG and KTP Laser Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial and endoscopic ultrasound FNA
To schedule a clinic visit, refer a patient, or speak with one of our physicians, please contact us at:
Doctors Office Building
720 Harrison Avenue, 4th Floot, Suite 402
Boston, MA 02118