Personal Safety Tips:
- Do not compromise safety for the sake of convenience.
- Utilize the shuttle services whenever possible.
- Do not hesitate to contact security if you have security or safety concerns.
- Take advantage of Public Safety sponsored training programs.
- Program all local law enforcement emergency numbers on a one-touch button on your cell phone. (Not just 911 – Public Safety, Boston Police, BUPD)
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Trust your instincts. If you are concerned about something you see or hear notify security and leave the area.
- Use the buddy system. Whenever possible, walk with a friend.
- Have your car or house keys in your hand before you reach the car or house door.
- Avoid short cuts. Stay in well-lit, well-traveled areas.
- Secure your belongings. Don’t leave areas unlocked or valuables unattended.