Located on the Boston University School of Medicine campus, the Department of Physiology & Biophysics has faculty laboratories and administrative offices located within the Center for Advanced Biomedical Research and in the School of Medicine.
The Department has extensive facilities and instrumentation for state-of-the-art biophysical and physiological research.
- 3-D Image Reconstruction
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Core
- Circular Dichroism & Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Cryo-electron Microscopy
- Differential Scanning & Isothermal Titration Calorimetry
- X-ray Crystallography, Diffraction & Scattering
- Microfluidic Devices
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Tissue Culture
- Photon Counting Microspectrophotometry
Supporting this instrumentation, the Department has extensive computing facilities, including excellent graphics capacity.
The medical campus offers a centralized medical-scientific library, animal care facilities, cell and molecular biology facilities, and numerous research laboratories in other basic and clinical departments.