Facilities in the Department of Physiology & Biophysics at BUSM
Located on the Boston University School of Medicine campus, the Department of Physiology and Biophysics has faculty laboratories and administrative offices located within the Center for Advanced Biomedical Research and in the School of Medicine.
The Department has extensive facilities and instrumentation for state-of-the-art biophysical and physiological research.
- 3-D Image Reconstruction
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Core
- Circular Dichroism & Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Cryo-electron Microscopy
- Differential Scanning & Isothermal Titration Calorimetry
- X-ray Crystallography, Diffraction & Scattering
- Microfluidic Devices
- Molecular & Cellular Biology Core
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Optical Trapping
- Tissue Culture
- Centralized Medical-Scientific Library
Supporting this instrumentation, the Department has extensive computing facilities, including excellent graphics capacity.
The medical campus offers a centralized medical-scientific library, animal care facilities, cell and molecular biology facilities, and numerous research laboratories in other basic and clinical departments.