APDA Information & Referral Center
The Information & Referral Center, located at Boston University Medical Center, was established by the American Parkinson Disease Association in 1980. This Center serves as a resource for those with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones as well as healthcare providers. Patients, caregivers, healthcare providers and the greater community can receive support regardless of their affiliation with Boston University Medical Center or any other medical facility.
Services provided by the APDA Information and Referral Center include:
- A telephone helpline (617-638-8466 or 800-651-8466)
- A comprehensive resource referral network
- Support group assistance
- Educational symposia
- Counseling and guidance
- Information updates to those on the Center’s mailing list through newsletters and other special event announcements
- Training and support for healthcare professionals
Other services provided by the Information and Referral Center
- Implementation of regional conferences
- Participation in community awareness and public relations activities
- A Monthly Electronic Newsletter
- Maintaining a state-wide website: www.apdama.org
If you would like to visit us in person, or for questions regarding education, support groups, conferences, community activities, etc., please call the APDA Information & Referral Center at (617) 638-8466 or (800) 651-8466.