APDA Information & Referral Center
The Information and Referral Center, established by the American Parkinson Disease Association in 1979, serves as a resource for those with Parkinson’s Disease and their loved ones. The Center is open to all individuals regardless of their affiliation with Boston University Medical Campus.
We provide educational materials and support to individuals with Parkinson’s disease, families, and health care providers. A telephone helpline is available Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Other services provided by the Information and Referral Center
- Maintaining a regional resource referral network
- Establishing and maintaining support groups
- Implementation of regional conferences
- Participation in community awareness and public relations activities
- Publication of the newsletter “Parkinson Report”
- Maintaining a state-wide website: www.apdama.org
If you would like to visit us in person, or for questions regarding education, support groups, conferences, community activities, etc., please call the APDA Information & Referral Center at (617) 638-8466 or (800) 651-8466.