BU Reciprocal Parking
Boston University’s Charles River (CRC) and Medical (BUMC) campuses have a reciprocal parking arrangement that allows faculty and staff based on one campus to park their vehicles in designated areas on the opposite (non-home-based) campus, provided they hold one of the permit types identified below. This reciprocal parking agreement does not allow unlimited parking or overnight parking on the opposite campus.
Generally, reciprocal parking privileges are limited to a maximum of three times per week (Sunday–Saturday). Those who park on the opposite campus more than three times per week on a regular basis must contact the Parking & Transportation Services office on the opposite campus to establish an appropriate arrangement, which may include purchasing a parking permit for that campus.
CRC Faculty/Staff Parking on BUMC
The following Charles River Campus Permit types authorize reciprocal parking in the 710 Albany Street Garage:
To benefit from this reciprocal parking arrangement, which is only available at the 710 Albany Street Garage, Charles River Campus permit holders must do the following:
- Take a parking ticket from the dispenser at the 710 Albany Street
Garage entrance gate
- Before leaving the garage, go to the Medical Campus Parking & Transportation Services office (adjacent to the 1stfloor of the 710 Albany Street Garage) and present the following:
- 710 Albany parking ticket
- parking permit (if on hanger) or permit number (if adhered to the driver’s side window)
- CRC University identification card
- The Parking staff will then validate the 710 Albany Street Garage parking ticket, and use the validated 710 Albany Street Garage parking ticket to exit the facility
BUMC Faculty/Staff Parking on CRC
All Medical Campus Permit types except the following authorize reciprocal parking in any attended parking facility (link to BU Parking Map) on the Charles River Campus:
- Daily Fee
- BUMC Medical Student
To benefit from this reciprocal parking arrangement, which is only available at attended Charles River Campus parking facilities, qualified BUMC permit holders must do the following:
- Receive a parking ticket from the dispenser or attendant
- Display the authorized BUMC parking permit (if on hanger) or identify permit location (if adhered to the vehicle)
- Present your BUMC identification card to the attendant
- Display the parking ticket on the dashboard of the vehicle while it is parked in the facility
The following event parking policies occasionally alter these reciprocal accommodations on the Charles River Campus
Agganis Arena Event Parking Policy
Arena parking spaces in the Agganis Arena Parking Garage (Lot A) and the Agganis
Arena surface lot (Lot C2) may be used as supplementary parking by BU employees with parking permits at no cost when there are no Arena events or performances scheduled. Most performances and sporting events will take place during the evening and on weekends, thus allowing employee permit parking during the majority of normal work time. However, due to the obligation to provide adequate parking for event attendees, BU employees may not use Agganis Arena Lots A and C-2 during scheduled events and 90 minutes prior to the start of weekday and weekend evening performances and sporting events. In preparation for some events, Agganis Arena parking lots will be closed to BU employees during the day of some weekday and weekend matinee performances and other University events (Spring Open House, Commencement, etc.). During these restricted periods Boston University employees with qualifying parking permits may park at no additional cost at the Babcock Street Lot, 286 Commonwealth Avenue (Lot B) and at the parking facility at 808 Commonwealth Avenue (Lot F) on a space available basis.
Red Sox Baseball & Fenway Park Events Parking Policy
Medical Campus permits holders who are eligible to benefit from the reciprocal parking arrangement and need parking to the east of the BU Bridge must park (at no additional cost) in the Warren Towers Garage, 700 Commonwealth Ave., (Lot K) while Red Sox Baseball and Fenway Park event rates are being charged.