New SPH Financial Aid Applicants
There is no application deadline for financial aid; however, we suggest that students entering their program in January 2015 should complete these three steps as soon as possible. If your program starts in September 2015, check back on February 9, 2015 for information about applying for funds.
The 3 Step Application:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
a. The FAFSA is required for federal aid. You may apply for federal aid only if you choose.
b. Our school code for the FAFSA is 002130.
c. Do not submit estimated tax information on your FAFSA as this may delay the processing of your financial aid award.
d. No parental income information is required.
2. Complete the NeedAccess Application at www.needaccess.org.
a. This application is required for institutional need-based aid. Note: institutional aid will not be awarded without completion of NeedAccess and the FAFSA.
b. Should you want federal aid only; advise Scott Harrison, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not inform Scott, SFS will continue to await the NeedAccess Application without awarding aid.
3. Submit a signed copy of your completed 2013 federal tax return with all schedules and copies of your W-2 forms.
a. Federal tax information only – should non-required documentation be received, it will be destroyed.
b. If you were not required to file federal taxes, this step of the application is not required.
c. Please submit documentation with our Coversheet.
Documents may be submitted via:
1. Mail: Student Financial Services, 72 East Concord Street, A-303, Boston, MA 02118
2. Fax: SFS-SPH, 617-638-5116
3. Email: email@example.com