New SPH Financial Aid Applicants
Please note the following:
- There is no application deadline for financial aid; however, students are encouraged to complete these three steps prior to May 30, 2014 in order to secure funding prior to the Fall Semester 2014 bill deadline.
- Students entering their program in January 2014, please complete these three steps as soon as possible.
- SFS is not responsible for late fees that may accrue should students not secure ample financial aid prior to the bill deadline.
The 3 Step Application:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
a. The FAFSA is required for federal aid. You may apply for federal aid only if you choose.
b. Our school code for the FAFSA is 002130.
c. Do not submit estimated tax information on your FAFSA as this may delay the processing of your financial aid award.
d. No parental income information is required.
2. Complete the NeedAccess Application at www.needaccess.org.
a. This application is required for institutional need-based aid. Note: institutional aid will not be awarded without completion of NeedAccess and the FAFSA.
b. Should you want federal aid only; advise Scott Harrison, Assistant Director, of this via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not inform Scott, SFS will continue to await the NeedAccess Application without awarding aid.
3. Submit a signed copy of your completed 2013 federal tax return (students entering in January 2014, please submit your 2012 federal tax documentation), with all schedules and copies of your W-2 forms.
a. Federal tax information only – should non-required documentation be received, it will be destroyed.
b. If you were not required to file federal taxes, this step of the application is not required.
c. Please submit documentation with our Coversheet.
Documents may be submitted via:
1. Mail: Student Financial Services, 72 East Concord Street, A-303, Boston, MA 02118
2. Fax: SFS-SPH, 617-638-5116
3. Email: email@example.com