SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Student Financial Services (SFS) requires completion of the following to be considered for need-based and federal financial aid. There is no application deadline for financial aid for any student; however, students are encouraged to complete these steps prior to May 31, 2013 in order to secure funding prior to the fall 2013 bill deadline. SFS is not responsible for late fees that may accrue due to students not securing financial aid prior to the bill deadline.
Be sure to complete all steps in order to be provided with a Financial Aid Award Letter.
First Time Financial Aid Applicants:
1. www.fafsa.ed.gov – Our school code is 002130 – this is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please do not submit estimated tax information on your FAFSA as this may delay the processing of your financial aid award. No parental income information is required.
2. www.needaccess.org – Our online application for need-based and federal financial aid.
3. Submit a signed copy of all pages of your completed 2012 federal tax return form and copies of your original W-2 forms by mail to:
Student Financial Services
72 East Concord Street, A-303
Boston, MA 02118
Please use our Coversheet if you are sending documents to our office.
• Please allow a minimum of 10 business days to receive your financial aid award once you have submitted your application and supporting documentation.
• You may fax documents to SFS-SPH: (617) 638-5116. You may email documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Please be advised that fax and email are insecure modes of contact. We suggest you mail your documents to our office for your own security.
• No state tax or parental tax information is required.
o Financial aid information that is submitted and not required for the student’s financial aid application will be destroyed for security purposes.
• If you were not required to file a 2012 federal tax return, complete steps 1 and 2 only.
Continuing Financial Aid Applicants:
1. www.fafsa.ed.gov – Our school code is 002130 – this is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please do not submit estimated tax information on your FAFSA as this will delay the processing of your financial aid award. No parental income information is required.
2. Continuing Student Application for Financial Assistance - Students are not required to complete the NeedAccess application if they have completed the NeedAccess application in a previous year.