New BUSM Financial Aid Applicants
Please note the following:
- There is no application deadline for financial aid; however, we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure that you receive your BUSM Financial Aid Award Notification prior to making your final medical school choice.
The 4 Step Application
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
a. The FAFSA is required for federal aid. You may apply for federal aid only if you choose.
b. Our school code for the FAFSA is 002130.
c. Do not submit estimated tax information on your FAFSA as this may delay the processing of your financial aid award.
d. No parental income information is required for the FAFSA.
2. Please complete the NeedAccess Application at www.needaccess.org.
a. This application is required for institutional need-based aid. Note: institutional aid will not be awarded without completion of NeedAccess and the FAFSA.
b. Should you want federal aid only, contact Dennis Murphy IV, Assistant Director, at 617-638-5190. If you do not inform Dennis of this, SFS will continue to await the NeedAccess Application without awarding aid.
3. Submit a signed copy of your completed 2014 federal tax return with all schedules and copies of your W-2 forms.
a. Federal tax information only – should non-required documentation be received, it will be destroyed.
b. If you were not required to file federal taxes, this step of the application is not required.
c. Please submit documentation with our Coversheet.
i. Documents may be submitted via:
1. Mail: Student Financial Services, 72 East Concord Street, A-303, Boston, MA 02118
2. Fax: SFS-BUSM, 617-638-5116
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Submit a signed copy of all pages of your completed parental 2014 federal tax return form and copies of their original W-2 forms.
We offer an exception to the parental information requirement for applicants who were born before January 1, 1985.