Continuing BUSM Financial Aid Applicants
2015-2016 Academic Year
Please note the following:
- There is no application deadline for financial aid; however, students enrolled for Fall 2015 are encouraged to complete these two steps by April 17th, 2015 in order to ensure that aid is posted to their student account prior to the Student Accounting Services settlement deadline.
- Financial aid is determined by a Student Financial Services (SFS) needs-analysis review and need-based scholarships and loans are often finalized for eligible students by mid-June.
- Students who submitted the NeedAccess application and copies of their federal tax return the previous year will not need to do so again.
- Submitting an incomplete or late application may result in reduced institutional funding and delay release of funds for living expenses.
- SFS is not responsible for late fees that may accrue should students not secure ample financial aid prior to the bill deadline.
The 2 Step Application:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. Our school code is 002130.
a. It is required for federal and/or institutional financial aid.
b. If you are not required to file a 2014 federal tax return, you will indicate this in the student section.
c. If you state that you “will file” your 2014 federal tax return in the student section, this will delay the processing of your financial aid award notification. You will need to update the field to “already filed” and include your federal tax information in order to proceed.
d. No parent or parental income information is required on the FAFSA.
2. Complete and submit the Continuing Student Application for Financial Assistance.
a. Your original signature is required. Faxed or emailed copies are not accepted.
b. The mailing address for the application: Student Financial Services, 72 East Concord Street, A-303, Boston, MA 02118.
Financial aid is offered each academic year and you must re-apply annually to be considered eligible to receive aid.