Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award
The Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award was established in recognition of BUSM Administrators and Staff whose outstanding work within the curriculum supports the success of the school, faculty, and students. Areas of excellence can include, but are not limited to service, leadership, innovation, and/or teamwork.
Nominees must have involvement within academic and/or student services at BUSM. This is a once in a lifetime award: previous awardees are not eligible. The award decision is made by a committee based on nominations and input from faculty, staff, and students.
All non-faculty BUSM Administrators and Staff who are associated with academic and/or student services are eligible for this award. The Administrative Manager of Academic Affairs and Previous awardees are not eligible.
Nominations for 2015 are now closed.
Nominations are accepted in March and may be submitted in writing or via e-mail. Nominations must include:
- The nominee’s name
- The nominee’s department
- The nominator’s relationship to the nominee
- Years working with the nominee
- The attributes and specific accomplishments/work of the nominee that reflect service, leadership, innovation and/or teamwork in service to BUSM.
Nomination letters must include information regarding what involvement the nominee has within academic and/or student services at BUSM.
Send Your Nomination To:
Office of Academic Affairs, L-103
The Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award Committee is chaired by the Administrative Manager of Academic Affairs, and composed of the most recent recipient of the award and three additional staff members, selected from different departments, who have not been nominated in the current year.
Recipients of the Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award:
- 2012 Lillian Eichorn, Medical Education Coordinator, Pediatrics
- 2013 Elizabeth Rivera, Disease & Therapy Coordinator, Office of Medical Education
- 2014 Rose Razzino, Administrative Manager, Laboratory of Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Ph.D. Program
- 2015 Jodie Trainor, Administrative and Financial Manager, Office of Medical Education