Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award
The Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award was established in recognition of BUSM Administrators and Staff whose outstanding work within the curriculum supports the success of the school, faculty, and students. Areas of excellence can include, but are not limited to service, leadership, innovation, and/or teamwork.
Nominees must have involvement within the academic curriculum at BUSM. This is a once in a lifetime award: previous awardees are not eligible. The award decision is made by a committee based on nominations and input from faculty, staff, and students.
All non-faculty BUSM Administrators and Staff who are involved in the academic curriculum are eligible for this award. Previous awardees are not eligible.
2014 Nominations are due by 4pm on Friday, April 18, 2014.
Nominations are accepted in March through mid-April and may be submitted in writing or via e-mail. Nominations must include:
- The nominee’s name
- The nominee’s department
- The nominator’s relationship to the nominee
- Years working with the nominee
- The attributes and specific accomplishments/work of the nominee that reflect service, leadership, innovation and/or teamwork in service to BUSM. Nomination letters must include information regarding what involvement the nominee has within the academic curriculum at BUSM.
Send Your Nomination To:
Office of Academic Affairs, L-103
The Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award Committee is composed of the most recent recipient of the award, and four additional staff members, selected from different departments, who have not been nominated in the current year. The 2013 recipient, Elizabeth Rivera, will serve as the 2014 chair of the committee.
Recipients of the Office of Academic Affairs’ Excellence in Service Award Committee:
- 2012 Lillian Eichorn, Medical Education Coordinator in Pediatrics
- 2013 Elizabeth Rivera, Disease & Therapy Coordinator in the Office of Medical Education