Please note, all calendars are subject to change.
The calendars on this page are the official calendars that students should follow. We have received reports that sections of the schedule are blacked out when viewed in the browser. This appears to be happening in Firefox due to their built in PDF viewer. If you are experiencing this, you can right click and download the schedule to open the PDF outside of your browser or switch to an alternate browser to view as a webpage. To disable the built in PDF viewer and use your Adobe plug-in, see instructions here.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-2014
- BUSM I & BUSM II: August 5, 2013
- BUSM III: Orientation: May 28-31, 2013; Clerkships Begin: June 3, 2013
- BUSM IV: June 3, 2013
BUSM I & BUSM II exam remediation dates can be found here.
BUSM I 2013-2014 Spring (Updated 01.10.14)
- 2/21 – Histology moved to 10-10:50, Integrated clinical session added from 11-12, PD session changed from 1 to 2:30
- 4/15 – Integrated clinical session added from 11-12
- 12/19: All ICM sessions in the spring semester were changed to be from 1:30-4:30 PM.
- Tuesday Feb 4th – replaced the H block from 11:00-11:50 with P running from 11:00-12:20 (the latter means that the morning classes end a half hour later than currently scheduled).
- Wednesday Feb 5th – Replaced morning blocks P, P and H with H, H and P (the first block also shortens from 8:30-9:50 to 8:30-9:20,meaning that the morning classes end half an hour earlier than currently scheduled).
- Tuesday Feb 11th – Replaced G, from 11:00-11:50, with P (no time change).
- Wednesday Feb 12th – Replaced H, 9:30-10:20, with P (no time change).
- Wednesday Feb 12th – Replaced P, 1:00-1:50 with H (no time change).
- Wednesday Feb 12th – Replaced P, 2:00-2:50, with G (no time change).
- Thursday Feb 13th – Replaced G, from 11:00-11:50, with P (no time change).
- Friday Feb 14th – Replaced P, from 10:30-11:20, with G (no time change).
- Friday Feb 21st – Replaced PD in the afternoon by P (no time change).
- Monday Feb 24th – Deleted afternoon block P, 1:00-1:50
- 10/25: Genetics Discussion session added on 2/7
- 9/19: Feb 19th Genetics session has been extended to 2:20 PM
- Friday Feb 21 – Physiology from 1:00-1:50, changed to Physiology Discussion from 12:30-1:50
- Monday Feb 24 – added Physiology from 1:00-1:50.
- 8/27: Genetics session on 2/20 extended until 12:20pm
- 8/16: Monday April 28 – Histology runs for 3 hours from 10:30 to 1:20, and overlaps with the beginning of the EOFYA.
- 7/1: Immunology Exam on 4/23 was changed to 10:30am start time
- Histology discussions on 3/17, 3/19, 3/26, 4/2, and 4/8 have been moved up a half an hour to begin at 8 AM.
- The Physiology exam scheduled for 4/22 has been changed to a Histology exam
- The Histology exam scheduled for 4/25 was removed and a Physiology exam was added from 12:30-3:30 PM.
- The Histology exam on 5/15 was changed to an Endocrinology exam
- The Endocrinology exam on 5/16 was removed and a Histology exam was added from 1-3 PM.
- 5/30 – Immunology: The session on 4/15 from 8:30-9:30 was labeled as “1” and should have been an “I”; Added a notation on Tuesday 4/1 that the session labeled IQ would be a discussion group as well as a quiz
Please note that all shaded in blocks of time are instructional time.
- 4/1 The mandatory Neurology Module Patient Cases will start at 10:30 and run to noon in Keefer.
- 4/8 Lecture will run till 10:50am.
- 4/10 Morning lecture will run till 10:50am. There is no small group. There will be a patient in the 12-12:50 lecture. Afternoon lecture will run till 1:50.
- 4/15 9:30-10:20 lecture will have a patient
- 4/16 The afternoon exam review will run from 12:30-1:50
- 2/26 Case Discussion extended to accommodate 2 separate sessions, with ½ the class attending each.
- In the Neurology Module Note the differentiation of Keefer Case Sessions and NeuroPath cases in L2 or L4 and Patient Session on L2
- 4/11 Lecture shortened – will end at 12:50
- 4/14 Morning lecture will end at 11:20 and lecture added from 12-12:50
- 1/24 – last lecture of day moved to 12-12:50 slot
- 1/29 – Gross Path Demo moved (from 1/30) Grp 1 start at 12:00-12:50 (those that have IP that day), Grp 2 start at 1- 1:50 (those that have IP on Thurs.)
- 1/31 – last lecture of the day moved to 12-12:50pm slot
- 2/10 – afternoon block removed
- 10/11/13:Mandatory BUSM 2 Class meeting about third year schedule scheduled on 2/7 1-3pm
- 2/5 – am lecture shortened to 11:20
- 2/6 – am lecture extended to 11:50
- 2/7 – am lecture extended to 11:20
- 2/14 – am lecture ends at 10:05 followed by Case Discussion till 11, then Exam Review till 12:10.
- 2/10 afternoon lecture time was changed (shortened).
- 2/14 the Reproduction cases/small groups will start at 10:10 and end at 11. The Reproduction exam review will run from 11:10-12:50.
- 7/16/13: Spring Break has changed to the week of March 10th, with Health Law taking place the week of March 17th.
For BUSM 3 and 4 2013-2014 Block Calendars and Guidelines, please visit the Registrar’s Website:
- Class of 2015 Third Year Clinical Clerkships Information and Schedule of Dates (Registrar’s Website)
- Class of 2014 Fourth Year Schedule Guidelines (Registrar’s Website)
The following is the official vacation/time-off schedule for 3rd and 4th year students in the 2013-2014 academic year:
- Thanksgiving Break: Starts at noon on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 through Sunday, December 1, 2013. Clerkships resume on Monday, December 2, 2013
- Holiday: Starts after call responsibilities on Saturday, December 21, 2013 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. Clerkships resume Thursday, January 2, 2014.
- Spring Break: Starts Monday, March 24, 2014 through Sunday, March 30, 2014. Clerkships resume Monday, March 31, 2014
ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-2015
Classes Start: 8/4/2014
Classes Start: 7/28/2014
BUSM III & BUSM IV
BUSM III Orientation: 5/27-5/30/2014
Clerkships Start: 6/2/2014
- BUSM III Block Schedule 2014-2015
- BUSM IV Block Schedule 2014-2015
- Fourth Year Schedule & Guidelines 2014-2015 (Registrar’s Website)
- Thanksgiving Break: Starts at noon on Wednesday, November 26, 2014 through Sunday, November 30, 2014. Clerkships resume on Monday, December 1, 2014