Nikki Freeburg, Ph.D.
I received my B.A. in Psychology from Alberston College of Idaho Caldwell, ID my M.A. degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family from Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa ID and my Ph.D. degree from Idaho State University, Pocatello ID
Dr. Nikki Freeburg is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Counselor Education at Bridgewater State University. She earned her Ph.D. in Counselor Education from Idaho State University. Nikki is a member of Chi Sigma Iota (CSI), the American Counseling Association (ACA), The Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), and Phi Kappa Phi. Her professional areas of interest include: research, assessment, supervision, wellness and the use of metaphors in the counseling profession. Dr. Freeburg has counseling experience in private agencies, psychiatric hospitals and career development centers. Scholarship activities include publications on HIPAA, over twenty presentations (local, state, and national level), research grant acquisitions, providing supervision training for site supervisors and she has membership status on the CACREP review board team.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- New Faculty Interest Network (NFIN)
- North Atlantic Region (NARACA)
- Rhode Island Massachusetts Counseling Association (RIMA-AC)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- North Atlantic Region (NARACES)
- Association of Creativity in Counseling (ACC)
- Association for Assessment in Counseling and Education (AACE)
- Massachusetts/Rhode Island Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (MARIACES)
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International (CSI)
Select Recent Presentations
- Presentation #1 Title
- Presentation #1 Description
- Presentation #2 Title
- Presentation #2 Description
- Courses commonly taught by Dr. Freeburg include; Research and Evaluation, Research II, Psychological Assessment, Internship Supervision, The Counseling Function in School, Agency/Community and Higher Education Settings, and Creativity in Counseling.