Nikki Freeburg, Ph.D.
Dr. Freeburg received a B.A. in Psychology from Alberston College of Idaho (Caldwell), a M.A. degree in Marriage and Family Counseling from the CACREP accredited program at Northwest Nazarene University (Nampa, ID) and a Ph.D. from the CACREP accredited program at Idaho State University (Pocatello).
Dr. Nikki Freeburg is an Associate Professor in the Department of Counselor Education at Bridgewater State University and a LMHC in Massachusetts. She earned her Ph.D. in Counselor Education from Idaho State University. Nikki is a member of numerous counseling associations such as, Chi Sigma Iota (CSI), the American Counseling Association (ACA), and the Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES). Her professional areas of interest include: research, assessment, supervision, wellness, and the use of metaphors in the counseling profession. Dr. Freeburg has counseling experience in private practice, agencies, psychiatric hospitals, and career development centers. Scholarship activities include publications, over fifty presentations (local, state, and national level), research grant acquisitions, providing supervision training for site supervisors, and she participate in CACREP on-site review teams.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Mental Health Counseling Association (AMHCA)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- North Atlantic Region (NARACES)
- Association of Creativity in Counseling (ACC)
- Massachusetts/Rhode Island Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (MARIACES)
- Massachusetts Mental Health Counseling Association (MaMHCA)
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International (CSI)
Select Recent Presentations
- Shoemaker, S. & Freeburg, M. N. (accepted for September 2016). Creative Interventions in the Digital Age. Association for Creativity in Counseling. Savannah, Georgia.
- Shoemaker, S. & Freeburg, M. N. (accepted for September 2016). Metaphor Creation with Foreign-Born Immigrants. Association for Creativity in Counseling. Savannah, Georgia.
- Shaw T., & Freeburg, M. N. (accepted for November 2016) Teaching to Transform: Practical Teaching Strategies that Foster Critical Thinking, Professional and Organizational Development. Louisville, KY.
- Freeburg, M. N. & McNaughton, M. J. (accepted for October 2016). Fifty Shades of Misunderstanding. American Counseling Association International. Geneva, Switzerland.
- Courses commonly taught by Dr. Freeburg include; Research and Evaluation, Psychological Assessment, Internship Supervision, Ethics, and Creativity in Counseling.