The MHCBM Program at Boston University School of Medicine is dedicated to personal and professional growth of students. We are not only invested in your training we are invested in you and the patients that we serve. In the Mental Health Counseling Program, we offer diverse and exciting opportunities to work with children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Our program is affiliated with, Boston Medical Center, which is located in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts.
What do we offer?
- Opportunities to train in a hospital environment.
- By the completion of the program, you will complete approximately 1,000 hours of clinical field training.
- Students have the opportunity to work in diverse clinical settings with all ages.
- We offer training in assessment, individual, group, and family therapy.
- We provide a supportive and hands on learning environment where students, are trained and encouraged to be professional clinical mental health counselors. Students will be capable of pursuing independent practice, and leadership positions in the field of counseling.
- Intensive supervision and mentorship.
- Our academic and clinical training prepares you for independent license eligibility.
If you are looking for an education where you will feel challenged, fulfilled, and have the opportunity to engage in extensive clinical field training where you will develop your counseling skills then the Mental Health Counseling Program at Boston University is the Program for you.
Being part of Boston Medical Center and the School of Medicine we believe in providing exceptional care without exception.
Please direct all clinical training questions to:
Director of Clinical Training