RefWorks and Google Scholar
Using Google Scholar
This does not work with documents you locate through google.com (add those manually or via RefGrab-It), but is useful when using Google Scholar (scholar.google.com).
- Click on “Settings” from the dropdown menu at the upper left of the Google Scholar search screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a section called “Bibliography Manager.”
- Click the radio button for “Show links to import citations into” and select RefWorks from the dropdown menu. Click “Save Preferences.”
- Underneath each of your search results you should now see a link to “Import into RefWorks.”
- Click this link for any reference you wish to add to your RefWorks account (you cannot add multiple references at a time from Google Scholar). You will see a “new reference” screen, as if you were adding a reference manually, but with some of the information already filled in.
- This method does tend to miss some of the details of a reference, so check to make sure that all the necessary fields have been imported. If any are missing, you can add them by hand at this point. You can also specify the folder in which to save the reference.
- When the reference is complete, click “Save Reference.”