Clinical Professor of Medicine
State University of New York Medical School at Syracuse
Residency at Boston City Hospital, BU Service
Fellowship at BU Medical Center
General Field of Work:
Affiliations other than medicine:
Brockton Hospital Arthritis Center
New England Sinai Arthritis Center
Boston University School of Medicine, Evans 501, 72 East Concord St., Boston, MA.
Rheumatoid Arthritis; Osteoarthritis; Regional Pain Syndromes; Diffuse Connective Tissue Diseases
Summary of academic interest:
Radiographic analysis of knee osteoarthritis, terms of incidence, progression & risk factors
1.Cyst-like lesions of the knee joint and their relation to incident knee pain and development of radiographic osteoarthritis: the MOST study.
2.Association between radiographic features of knee osteoarthritis and pain: results from two cohort studies.
3. Is obesity a risk factor for progressive radiographic knee osteoarthritis?
4. Meniscal tear in knees without surgery and the development of radiographic osteoarthritis among middle-aged and elderly persons: The Multicenter Osteoarthritis Study.
5. The relation of plasma homocysteine to radiographic knee osteoarthritis.
6. A new approach yields high rates of radiographic progression in knee osteoarthritis.
7. Knee buckling: prevalence, risk factors, and associated limitations in function.
8. Knee alignment does not predict incident osteoarthritis: the Framingham osteoarthritis study.