EPOS Curricular-Level Questions
1. To what extent are courses and clerkships linked to each of the seven institutional learning objectives known as BU CARES
2. What learning objective domains (cognitive, psychomotor, affective) do first-year courses target?
3. What learning objective domains (cognitive, psychomotor, affective) do second-year courses target?
4. What learning objective domains (cognitive, psychomotor, affective) do the required clerkships target?
5. How do course learning objectives and domains shift/change over four years of the curriculum as students advance to become entry-level interns upon graduation?
6. To assist course and clerkship directors in determining to what extent are course and clerkship learning objectives, instruction and student assessment designed and used by course and clerkship directors congruent with one another?
7. To assist course and clerkship directors in determining to what extent are there unproductive redundancies identified by students during last semester and total for the year?
8. To what extent is the curriculum compliant with the LCME ED Standards that specify required curricular content?
9. Is there curricular content that has been identified by faculty from attendance at national meetings that suggest possible missing content that is related to objectives (gaps)?
10. Other questions that arise based on the emerging needs of the MEC.
- Question #6 Rationale: If objectives not aligned with assessment, for example, then even high quality instruction will not influence student performance on assessment. If assessment is not aligned with objectives, then scores/grades on those assessments will not reflect attainment of objectives (learning outcomes).