Objectives Curriculum Subcommittee
Overview and Tasks
The Objectives and Curriculum Subcommittee (OCS)* is one of four standing subcommittees of the Medical Educational Committee (MEC). The OCS meets throughout the year and the OCS chairs represent the subcommittee at the MEC.
Charge Stated in BUSM Bylaws 5.c
The OCS shall be responsible for ensuring that the curriculum reflects the Institutional Learning Objectives, examining and recommending changes to the goals and direction of the curriculum as a whole, and for working directly with faculty to examine and recommend changes to the translation of the more general goals into course specific objectives and the vertical integration of objectives throughout the four years.
* Initially named the Educational Program on Objectives Subcommittee (EPOS)
- Ron Medzon, MD, Emergency Medicine, Clinical Director, Solomon Center for Simulation and Nursing Education Boston Medical Center
- Gail March, PhD, Office of Medical Education, Academic Affairs, Director of Instructional Design and Faculty Development
- John Wiecha, MD, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs
- Kristen Upchurch, Instructor, Department of Neurology
- Chris Vaughan, Director of Evaluation and Curriculum Management
Analyses and Reporting
The Objectives and Curriculum Subcommittee (OCS) serves to pose and answer curricular-level questions about educational learning objectives that focus on what students are expected to learn. The e*Value database is used to support such analyses. Questions used to review learning objectives.