Workshop Proposal 2016
OPEN February 15, 2016
Deadline April 8
The purpose of the workshops is to:
- Develop the professional skills of faculty and trainees involved in educational innovations and scholarship
- Provide an opportunity for participants to gain new knowledge, skills or expertise in an important area relevant to teaching on the medical campus
- Demonstrate a new and innovative curriculum, teaching and learning strategy, or education-related technology
- Provide an opportunity for experiential learning for participants through an interactive format, rather than simply didactic sessions
Workshops should be designed to be as interactive and/or hands-on as possible, rather than simply didactic sessions.
Time and Place of workshops:
The workshops will be 90 minutes long and will take place from 10:00 to 11:30 A.M.
They will be held in the instructional building, rooms TBA.
Applications must be submitted electronically by Friday, April 8, 2016.
Submitting author will be notified if proposal has been accepted on or before Friday, April 22, 2016. Once selected, the workshop description will be posted online for registration purposes.
500 words maximum. Please keep in mind selection will be based on this description. Be sure to include: Target Audience; Rationale; Learning Objectives; Timeline and duration of activities, which must include hands-on and/or group work. See example on Workshop Proposal Instructions page. Workshop descriptions that do not follow the required format may be rejected or returned to author for revisions.
Reviewers will evaluate the submissions using the following criteria:
Clarity and coherence of the workshop description; follows required format
Likelihood that the workshop will stimulate active engagement of participants
Extent to which learning objectives are clearly stated and measurable
- Contribution to new or innovative practices for teaching and learning
Click here for an example of a workshop description from 2012 that meets the selection criteria.
Click here for a tutorial on writing learning objectives
Click here to submit a Workshop Proposal.