Workshop A — Exam Study Resources
Joseph Harzbecker, MS (LS), A’Llyn Ettien, MLIS
This session aims to familiarize students and faculty interested in exploring the use several resources for course exams. Participants will view demonstrations of several exam resources from the student perspective.
Participants will have the opportunity to get hands-on searching in AccessMedicine, AccessSurgery, Exam Master, First Aid collection, and PAEasy. The Library’s website school portals will be highlighted for additional resource information.
Students, faculty who would like to become better acquainted with exam preparation eresoucres, specifically dentistry, medicine, and physician assistants. Even those who are not planning to use these resources in the academic year,may be interested in seeing and working with these resources.
- Utilize Boston University Medical Library electronic exam preparation eresources
- Resources developed by Exam Master, McGraw-Hill.
- Recognize limitations, and that some sources are still in print.
Overview (10 minutes)
- AccessMedicine (case files, clerkship topics, flashcards, review questions)
- AccessSurgery (case files, flashcards, resident readiness)
- Exam Master (Dental Review for NBDE Part 1, Family Medicine ABFM Review Question Bank, Internal Medicine ABIM Review Question Bank, PANCE/PANRE Certification Review Question Bank for PA’s, Pediatrics ABP Review Question Bank, USMLE Step 1 and 2 Question Banks and Practice Exams, USMLE Step 3 Board Review Question Bank for Residents)
- First Aid and Medical Review Collection
- Review where these resources are located in BU PRIMO catalog; Medical Library website (5 minutes)
- Get a hands-on overview of the resource features (20 minutes)
- Choose a resource to practice with (15 minutes)
- When a user needs support (5 minutes)
Wrap Up and Q&A (15 minutes)