||Statistical Analysis System (SAS) is a very popular statistical package that can be used for data management, report writing, statistical analysis, and graphics. Among its statistical capabilities are descriptive statistics, cross- tabulation, regression, analysis of variance, survival analysis, multivariate techniques, econometric and time series procedures, and operations research techniques.
SAS 9.1.3 and 9.3 are available on Windows, SAS 8.2 is available over X11.
||Students, Faculty, Staff
||See the SAS Website.
||See the SAS Website / SAS Products included
||To install SAS, you must pay the SAS license fee (see below) or currently be registered for SPH BS 723, BS 805 or BS 853. In addition, you must have Microsoft Windows installed on your PC or in Boot Camp or a virtual machine on your Mac.
Mac Users: If you are using a MAC you must have visualization software (Boot Camp, Parallels [Students/Faculty/Staff],Virtual Box, VM Fusion) with Windows [Students/Faculty/Staff] or Linux installed in order to install SAS
SAS on ACS: Please visit the BU Information Services and Technology website for more information.
SAS over X11: An ACS account and an X11 server on your computer. For information about using X-Win32 (Windows) or X11 (Mac) to run SAS at Boston University, please go here.
The license for SAS is for US use only, if you are traveling outside of the US it can only be used for 90 days
- Faculty and Staff: There is an annual $45 fee for all Faculty and Staff that need to obtain a copy of SAS.
- Students: Boston University currently offers SAS at no charge to students that are enrolled in classes that require SAS. Please check with your professor as to which version of SAS you should obtain for class. If SAS is required for the completion of your degree, have your adviser submit an IT request.
- SAS over X11: No Charge
- Staff of Boston Medical Center that need to obtain a copy of SAS must contact the BUMC IT office for detailed information regarding use, installation and payment.
*License is PER computer *
||BUMC Information Technology currently has two versions of SAS; 9.1.3, and the newly released 9.3. View included SAS products in each SAS version
To renew or obtain a copy of SAS:
- Submit a request for a new SAS license (faculty/staff only)
- Download from the web with pre-approval using the appropriate link below.
Note: The files are large and can take time downloading; please be patient.
(Size: SAS 9.1.3 [~1.2GB], and SAS 9.3 [7.8 GB])
- If the SAS download fails:
- Faculty/Staff: Borrow an install Flash Drive from our office (MUST be returned the following business day unless otherwise authorized)