||BUMC IT offers virtual server hosting for Windows and BU Linux. Virtual server hosting is deployed in a clustered environment located in secured, professionally-managed data centers.
||Faculty/Staff for non-personal, University needs.
- Eliminates the need to acquire and manage physical servers
- On-demand dynamic configuration allows for much more flexibility than physical servers
- Ability to fully manage your own environment
- Better resource allocation
- Substantial savings in power and cooling
- Higher availability than physical servers
- Support for multiple operating system platforms
- Properly licensed applications for a virtual environment.
- Costs may be incurred for specialty applications. General purpose servers can be provisioned at no cost.
||Contact the Service Desk for more information.