||BUMC IT offers local, block storage (SAN) space for servers.
||Clients in need of additional high-performance server storage local to the server can, upon availability, acquire space on BUMC’s central SAN.
- No need to incur additional capital expenses for direct attached storage
- Storage can easily be provisioned and in production in a matter of minutes.
- BUMC’s SAN is a flexible, and robust platform with many layers of redundancy and fault-tolerance to ensure data integrity and availability.
- The SAN is housed in a managed data center
- Platform independent
- No additional overhead of application-layer network protocol
- Supports standard iSCSI
- Support for multiple operating system platforms
- Support for application-consistent backups of SQL Server, Oracle, SharePoint, for an additional cost.
- University server storing University-related data
- Server must be on the campus network
- Server should have at least a 100Mb connection with flow control capabilities
- (Ideally, for optimal performance, server should have dedicated NIC(s) for iSCSI network traffic supporting at least 1Gb with TCP/IP offload engine)
- Server platform must have either software or hardware iSCSI support. (Microsoft Windows and BU Linux both have software iSCSI initiators .)
- Subject to availability and service level requirements.
||Contact the Service Desk for more information.