Instructions for Accessing Grants.gov User Folders from a Mac
The following assumes that you are connected to the BUMC network, either directly or using VPN. If you are at home or on a non-configured BU machine, you MUST connect via VPN. In general we recommend using VPN while connected from ANY location, regardless of your configuration. Most importantly, if you are having any difficulties using the instructions below we recommend trying VPN before contacting us. Please see our VPN instructions for help with this process.
- From the Desktop select the Go menu > select Connect to Server
- In the Server Address field type in the path: “smb://bumc.bu.edu/grants.gov” and click Connect
- Enter your BU user name and password as adusername.
(Older Macs: In the Workgroup or Domain field enter “ad”)
- On your desktop find the icon shown in Figure 4 and double-click on it.
- Located the folder “BUMC Projects” and double-click on it.
- Locate the folder “Grants.gov” and double-click on it.
- Navigate to your Unit Department. The example below contains all the folders for Unit 058.
- Once you have found your folder. Add a shortcut to it by going to the File menu and selecting Add to Sidebar.
After you have added your shortcut. You should find a link in the left hand column of your finder explorer. As shown below