GIR Tech Briefs
Developed by a core editorial committee made up of members of the GIR’s Education Technology Work Group, these one-page “briefs” exclusively for GIR members summarize the latest technologies, trends and issues facing our community. They are designed to make it easier for Information Resources professionals to communicate with stakeholders (Deans, students, colleagues) and help in the decision-making process.
Succinct overviews of advantages and disadvantages of new technologies being used or considered by many academic medical centers, as well as brands, strategic considerations, resources, and when available, use case studies.
- Technology Now: Cloud Computing (August 2012)
- Technology Now: Mobile Apps (May 2012)
- Technology Now: Research Networking (April 2012)
- Technology Now: Lecture Capture (December 2011)
- Technology Now: Consumer Mobile Device Security Management (October 2011)
- Technology Now: Learning Management Systems (June 2011)
- Technology Now: CMS Referring and Ordering Physician Regulation (May 2011)
- Technology Now: E-Readers (January 2011)
- Technology Now: Encryption (January 2011)
- Technology Now: Consumer vs. Enterprise Storage (January 2011)