||All current students, faculty, staff, and BUMC retirees are eligible for email accounts on either BU Google Apps or BU’s Microsoft Exchange server, as determined by your affiliation.
||Students, Faculty, Staff, Departments, New/Incoming Students
- Flexibility – access your email through a web browser, mobile device, or desktop client.
- Convenience – BU accounts offer built-in access to the University email directory, the ability to set an automated “vacation” response and the option to forward your messages to another email account.
- Security and support – BU accounts receive automatic spam filtering, deleted message recovery, and comprehensive online support.
- Terrier pride – your bu.edu address proudly declares your affiliation with BU.
- Web-based access to email
- Access to email through desktop clients and mobile devices
- Forwarding to other email accounts
- Mailing lists (including centrally maintained course lists for faculty)
- Comprehensive support services
- Email for BU alumni
||To access BU email services, an email account on a BU server is required (see Email Accounts).
- Outlook Web Access (OWA)– Web-based access to your email through
- Microsoft Outlook– Microsoft Outlook can be installed on your computer and configured to retrieve and synchronize your email with the Microsoft Outlook/Exchange server.
- Other desktop clients– configuration instructions for desktop clients other than Microsoft Outlook
- Mobile Devices– Your Outlook/Exchange account can sync with a variety of mobile devices, including (but not limited to) Android, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), and BlackBerry devices