New Version of the AnyConnect VPN Client
On Wednesday, October 3, 2012, a new version of the Cisco AnyConnect client was deployed. You should get this update automatically when first connecting to http://work2.bumc.bu.edu after this date.
This new version of the Cisco AnyConnect client was deployed in order to:
• Resolve several major bugs and conflicts with various desktop operating systems
• Provide reliable support for both Windows and Macintosh
• Provide new functions and features, including support for Android clients
• Patch identified critical security vulnerabilities
• Keep clients in a vendor-supported version
• Address an expired vendor signed certificate with the older client installation bundle
With the update, the name changed from “Cisco AnyConnect” to “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.” Unfortunately, this name change will cause any existing shortcuts to stop working. If you have had trouble connecting to the VPN after October 3, you should delete any shortcuts in use and start fresh by connecting to http://work2.bumc.bu.edu. We apologize for any inconvenience.
At this time we are unaware of any other issues related to this upgrade. However, additional information on this release is provided by Cisco. Please feel free to contact the IT Help Center (617-353-4357 or email@example.com) or BUMC IT (617-638-5914 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any problems or questions.