Workaround for UIS Issue in Firefox
UIS will not work if you have any Java version after v23 installed. Recently, Firefox blocked the use of the old Java plugin and many users have recently been experiencing issues accessing UIS in Firefox.
If you have the most up-to-date version of Firefox and cannot access UIS, you can follow the instructions below to workaround this issue:
- Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-tab/
- Click “Add to Firefox” and wait for the file to download.
- Click “Install Now” (it might take a couple minutes for Install Now to show up)
- Click the button to restart Firefox
- Right click anywhere in empty space in the bar where your webpage tabs are and click “Customize”
- Scroll down until you see “IE tab.”
- Click the IE Tab and drag it up next to your address bar.
- Click the IE Tab icon every time you go on UIS in Firefox and it will display UIS in an IE tab.
If you have any questions, please contact the Service Desk at (617) 638-5914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.