Massage Therapy in the Family Medicine Clinic
Massage is the manipulation of muscles to improve healing, health and wellness and relax the mind and body. A certified massage therapist uses different stroking and pressure techniques to help relax muscles and relieve painful, tense areas in the limbs, neck and back.
The health benefits of massage may include:
- increased sense of well-being
- decreased blood pressure
- decreased heart rate
- alleviation of chronic pain
- restored balance and increased energy
- reduced anxiety and depression
- deep relaxation and stress reduction
- muscle relaxation and tension relief
- improved circulation and muscle tone
- improvement in mental and physical fatigue
- Chronic Pain
Massage Therapy is offered on Wednesday and Thursday by appointment only in the Family Medicine Clinic. Paula Nesoff, LMT, and Bonita Jones, LMT provide a consultation to all new patients and work to create a massage experience that fits each person’s needs. Hour-long massages are available for a modest fee.
For BMC patients: The massage therapy program operates on a sliding scale, where payment is based on your ability to pay. You can view our massage therapy policies here.
For BMC Staff: A limited number of massage appointments are reserved for BMC staff. Hour-long massages are available for only $50. You can email email@example.com for more information or to reserve an appointment.