Connecting to the INSPIR Application
The INSPIR Application is hosted by the Office of Information Technology and is part of the Boston University Medical Campus Computing Environment. This application is Internet enabled allowing access from any Internet connected computing device.
The following requirements must be met to correctly and appropriately access, log onto and work with the INSPIR Application modules.
As a web-based application, you will be accessing it using an internet browser.
- If you are using a Macintosh computer, your browser must be either Netscape, Version 7 or higher or Safari for Mac. Microsoft’s Internet Explorer for Mac is not supported.
- If you are using a PC, your browser must be Internet Explorer, Version 6.0 or higher.
To properly display many of the INSPIR modules, your browser must have ‘cookies’ enabled. To enable cookies:
- Internet Explorer: From the Tools menu, select Internet Options, select Privacy and either enable cookies for all web sites or to specifically enable cookies for the INSPIR application, select Web Site Section, select Edit and enter https://braan.bumc.bu.edu and click allow.
- Safari 1.0 for Macintosh: From the toolbar at the top select Safari and then select Preferences from the list. Click on the Security option in the top toolbar and where it says “Accept Cookies” either select “Always” or “Only from sites you navigate to”.
- Netscape: From the Edit menu, select Preferences, select Privacy and Security, enable Cookies.
Since the INSPIR application uses multiple windows to display information, it is essential that any Pop-Up blocking software be disabled while accessing the INSPIR application.
Please refer to your particular Pop-Up Blocking software’s documentation for instructions to disable.