Fellowship Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program at Boston University Medical Center. Candidates who have successfully completed at least the first two years of residency in Internal Medicine will be considered for entry into the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Training. Our training program is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Upon completion, trainees are eligible to sit for the ABIM subspecialty infectious diseases board exam.
Applications to the Boston University Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Applications Service (ERAS) administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). To apply, please visit the ERAS online website at: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/. Please submit your application as early as possible to expedite scheduling of interviews.
The following materials are required for applications to the Fellowship Training in Infectious Diseases at Boston Medical Center:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- USMLE Transcripts or Complex Transcripts from Osteopathic Medical Schools
- Official Medical School Transcripts
- Photograph (optional but helpful)
- ECFMG (International Medical Graduates only)
Interview and Selection Process:
- Applications will be reviewed once all the requirements listed above have been received by the program through ERAS.
- Interviews are usually held on Thursdays during September and October. During the visit applicants will meet with members of the faculty and have lunch with the current fellows. In addition, they will have the opportunity to attend our Infectious Diseases Grand Rounds where experts on infectious diseases, immunology and microbiology are invited.
- We do understand that difficulties arise in scheduling multiple interviews and we’ll try to accommodate individual requests for other dates wherever possible.
- Interviews are by e-mail invitation only. Applicants who have met our requirements will be notified through e-mail to the applicant’s e-mail address provided on the ERAS application.
To request additional information about the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program, please submit questions through the Fellowship Information Request.