Yadavalli, Gopal, M.D.
Medical School: Jefferson Medical College
Residency training: Case Western Reserve University
Fellowship training: Case Western Reserve University
Dr. Yadavalli is the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency at Boston University. He was recruited to Boston University and Boston Medical Center in 2011 from Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), where he was Senior Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency and Director of the Global Health Track. He also was Chief of the Infectious Diseases Clinic at the Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and an active member of the CWRU Center for AIDS Research, where his research focused on clinical outcomes of antiretroviral therapy and HIV immunopathogenesis.
- Yadavalli GK, Auletta JJ, Gould MP, Salata RA, Lee JH, Heinzel FP. Deactivation of the Innate Cellular Immune Response Following Endotoxic and Surgical Injury. Experimental and Molecular Pathology. 2001 Dec; 71(3):209-21. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 11733946]
- A Bobak D, Yadavalli G. Update on the Management of Hepatitis C in Liver Transplant Recipients. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2002 Apr; 4(2):105-11. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 11927040]
- Hamza NS, Lisgaris MV, Yadavalli GK, Nadeau L, Fox R, Fu P, Lazarus HM, Koc ON, Salata RA, Laughlin MJ. Comparison of Infectious Complications and Outcome after Unrelated Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell Allogeneic Transplantation versus HLA-Matched Unrelated Adult Donor Grafting in Adults with Hematologic Disorders. Br J Haematol. 2004; 124(4):488-98. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 14984500]
- Yadavalli GK, Chien JW, Salata RA, Lee JH, Heinzel FP. IL-12 and Interferon-gamma Synthetic Deficiency is Associated with Dendritic Cell Cytopenia after Cardiac Surgery. Shock 2005; 24(1):26-33. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 15988317]
- Eckstein BC, Adams DA, Eckstein EC, Rao A, Sethi AK, Yadavalli GK, Donskey CJ. Reduction of Clostridium difficile and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus contamination of environmental surfaces after an intervention to improve cleaning methods. BMC Infect Dis. 2007; 7:61. [PMCID: PMC1906786]
- Lalezari J, Yadavalli GK, Para M, Richmond G, DeJesus E, Brown SJ, Cai W, Chen C, Zhong J, Novello LA, Lederman MM, Subramanian GM. Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Antiviral Activity of HGS004, a Novel Fully Human IgG4 Monoclonal Antibody against CCR5, in HIV-1-Infected Patients. J Infect Dis 2008; 197(5):721–7. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 18266604]
- Yassin M, Yadavalli GK, Alvarado N, Bonomo RA. Streptococcus anginosus (Streptococcus milleri Group) Pyomyositis in a 50-Year-Old Man with Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome: Case Report and Review of Literature. Infection 2010; 38(1):65-8. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 19904493]
- Rodriguez B, Bazdar DA, Funderburg N, Asaad R, Luciano AA, Yadavalli G, Kalayjian RC, Lederman MM, Sieg SF. Frequencies of FoxP3+ naive T cells are related to both viral load and naive T cell proliferation responses in HIV disease. J Leukoc Biol. 2011; 90(3):621-8. [PMCID: PMC3157904 (Available on 2012/9/1)]
- Hirsch AA, Compan A, Lawrence RH, Briggs JM, Yadavalli GK, Fuller MA. Pilot Study to Assess Subjective and Objective Reporting of Potential Adverse Drug Reactions in Older Versus Younger HIV-Infected Patients Using Antiretroviral Therapy. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2011 Nov 30. Epub ahead of print. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 22137548]