Linas, Benjamin, M.D., M.P.H.
Medical School: New York University School of Medicine
Residency training: Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Fellowship training: Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Benjamin Linas is a physician scientist dedicated to improving the health of vulnerable persons living with HIV and HCV infections. His research investigates the comparative- and cost-effectiveness of interventions to identify and treat HIV and HCV, employing methods of computational biology and clinical epidemiology. His aim is to maximize the benefits of evolving therapies for HIV and HCV in the “real-world”, where resources are constrained and the best methods for managing infected individuals are not certain.
- Linas BP, Coffin PO, Backes G, Vlahov D. New York State pharmacists’ attitudes toward needle and syringe sales to injection drug users before implementation of syringe deregulation. J Urban Health 2000; 77(4):768-80. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 11194316]
- Coffin PO, Linas BP, Factor SH, Vlahov D. New York City pharmacists’ attitudes toward sale of needles/syringes to injection drug users before implementation of law expanding syringe access. J Urban Health 2000; 77(4):781-93. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 11194317]
- Linas BP, Zheng H, Losina E, Rockwell A, Walensky RP, Cranston K, Freedberg KA. Optimizing resource allocation in United States AIDS drug assistance programs. Clin Infect Dis 2006; 43(10):1357-64. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 17051505]
- Linas BP, Zheng H, Losina E, Walensky RP, Freedberg KA. Assessing the impact of federal HIV prevention spending on HIV testing and awareness. Am J Public Health 2006; 96(6):1038-43. [PMCID: PMC1470622]
- Ehrenkranz PD, Pagán JA, Begier EM, Linas BP, Madison K, Armstrong K. Written informed-consent statutes and HIV testing. Am J Prev Med 2009; 37(1):57-63. [PMCID: PMC2800306]
- Linas BP, Losina E, Rockwell A, Walensky RP, Cranston K, Freedberg KA. Improving outcomes in state AIDS drug assistance programs. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2009; 51(5):513-21. [PMCID: PMC2774843]
- Linas BP, Wang B, Smurzynski M, Losina E, Bosch RJ, Schackman BR, Rong J, Sax PE, Walensky RP, Schouten J, Freedberg KA. The Impact of HIV/HCV Co-infection on Healthcare Utilization and Disability: Results of the ACTG Longitudinal Linked Randomized Trials (ALLRT) Cohort. Journal of Viral Hepatitis 2011; 18(7):506-12. [PubMed - In Process, PMID: 20546501]
- Linas BP, Wong AY, Freedberg KA, Horsburgh Jr CR. Priorities for screening and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection in the United States. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2011. [PMCID: PMC3175546 (Available on 2012/9/1)]