Biomedical PhD Student Organization
The Biomedical PhD Student Organization (BPSO) aims to build and strengthen the community among PhD programs at BUMC; to foster personal and professional relationships between students faculty, alumni , and administrators; to promote interdisciplinary research at BU; and to cultivate camaraderie among Biomedical Science PhD students.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on Facebook
See below for a description of activities organized by the BPSO:
- Business Meetings: Come shape your PhD program. Give feedback on what is working and what can be improved for biomedical PhD students at Boston University! Get involved with student government and learn more about opportunities for PhD students that go beyond the lab and classroom.
- Social Events: Network, socialize, and relax with fellow biomedical PhD students!
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Red Sox Game: Each year the BPSO organizes to attend a Red Sox game on the night that benefits the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- BPSO & GMSSO 5K Walk or Run for Cancer Research: Biomedical PhD students run/walk to benefit the funding of cancer research grants at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Soccer Nights in the Fuller Gym: Indoor soccer games played weekly during the school year. Take advantage of this on-campus gymnasium space!
- BPSO Winter Formal: Celebrate the conclusion of the Fall semester during this annual semi-formal event!
- BU PhD Alumni Networking Event: Current PhD student networking with BU PhD alumni and presentation of the 2nd Annual Distinguished Alumni Award. Recognition of students that received the Dr. Erika Ebbel Angel Community Service Award Winners.
- AIDS Walk/Run Boston 5K: Walk or run to raise funds for programs that support treating and caring for patients living with AIDS.