Biomedical PhD Student Organization
The Biomedical PhD Student Organization (BPSO) aims to build and strengthen the community among PhD programs at BUMC; to foster personal and professional relationships between students faculty, alumni , and administrators; to promote interdisciplinary research at BU; and to cultivate camaraderie among Biomedical Science PhD students.
Email us at: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook
BPSO Newsletter – March 2020
In the interest of student safety and public health the GMS Boat Cruise for 2020 and the March 16th BPSO Business Meeting are cancelled. Boat cruise tickets will be refunded through the event’s GMSSO representative.
- Congratulations to the newly elected BPSO officers for 2020!
- President: Jhon Henao Vasquez
- Vice President: Devin Kenney
- Academic Liaison: Margaret Downs
- Treasurer: Emily Lewkowicz
- Secretary: Anna Smith
- RISE Mentorship Program: “Join us in mentoring the next generation of scientists by becoming a RISE mentor in Summer 2020!” To sign up or learn more information, please reach out to the RISE Program Manager, Dr. Amanda Kautzman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-3034.
- Mentorship/Didactic Teaching Award Nominations for GMS Ph.D. Programs. GMS has opened voting for the Mentor/Teacher of the year award given annually to recognize, honor, and reward Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS) faculty who give special effort to ensure the best education for GMS students. Awards are given annually to outstanding educators that exhibit excellent mentorship/didactic teaching in graduate sciences in GMS doctoral programs. We are looking for a majority of students to participate in voting for this award this year – please let us know what mentor/teacher you think deserves to be nominated by voting at the link below:
- GMS Advisory Board Updates:
- GMS is looking to hire interns to write blog posts on research going on at our institution. Students will be paid $60/post and work through a whole semester – posts will be about once/week. To apply, submit a sample to DJ King (email@example.com) at the GMS office by March 20th.
- A food pantry for GMS students has been added to the corridor next to the BU’s BEST office. It will be open Tuesday & Wednesday at 3-5pm. Come and get anything you need!
- GMS Boat Cruise tickets are going on sale 3/2. There is a discount to buy early.