Continuing Students Financial Aid Instructions
Instructions and financial aid process for all continuing students enrolled in the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS)
We’re here to support your continued enrollment at BU. Whether or not you’ve received financial assistance in the past, we’d like to help you find the resources you need.
Federal Student Aid Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Must be a degree candidate
- Must not have a balance from a prior semester of enrollment
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress ( SAP)
- Must complete or renew the FAFSA every year to be considered for federal aid
- Must submit a BU institutional Federal Direct Loan Application every year
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) or eligible for full-time certification enrollment status
- Courses selected must pertain to the current degree student is pursuing
- Audited courses are not eligible for federal aid coverage
- Visit Student Link to request an electronic transfer of funds for any valid credit available for living expenses each semester. University policy prohibits the release of living expense funds before the first day of class each semester.
- Check the University Calendar for all your important dates and deadlines.
- Students may split their credit hours between summer I and summer II in order to meet the six credit hour enrollment requirement for federal aid during the summer sessions.
- If a student borrowed federal aid during the prior academic year, they will not be required to complete another online promissory note or entrance counseling session.
- Students are required to submit a certified full-time form to the GMS Registrar for each semester of enrollment where credit hours fall below six in order to continue to meet federal aid eligibility requirements and to defer prior student loans. This requirement includes the summer sessions.