GMS wishes you a safe and enjoyable Independence Day weekend! The last day of...
MA/MS Commencement Information
The Division of Graduate Medical Sciences is pleased to announce this year’s plans for the GMS Commencement Ceremony. The Masters ceremony will be held on Friday, May 15, 2015 at 10AM in the George Sherman Union.
We look forward to helping you celebrate your academic achievements.
Students that have RSVP’d for Commencement will receive detailed instructions via email on May 8th. Please read the email closely.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
M.A./M.S. Division of Graduate Medical Sciences Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 15, 2015
|8:45am – 9:15am||Degree candidates check-in to Second Floor Auditorium of George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue|
|9:00am||Doors open to guests Metcalf Hall, George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue|
|10:00am||Commencement Ceremony Metcalf Hall, George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue|
|12:00pm||Commencement Reception Ziskind Lounge,
George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue
RSVP FOR COMMENCEMENT:
GMS STOPPED ACCEPTING RSVPs FOR COMMENCEMENT ON 3/31/15
*Please note that students are also able to attend the All University Commencement on Sunday May 18 but that requires a different registration (see All University below).
- NOTE: Student who do not yet have a Cap and Gown can go to Barnes & Noble and pick one up in person before Friday the 15th.
- Order Cap & Gown ($10 discount if ordered online by March 16)
- All graduates who will participate in the BUSM Commencement ceremony must wear a cap and gown. Master’sl students must purchase their regalia through the Barnes & Noble website portal here through March 16.
- Online ordering includes a $10 discount ($85 online by 3/16) and students may choose to ship their regalia to store or their home address. Pick-up of previous online orders will be available on April 28th if the “ship to store” option was selected. Otherwise, the regalia should be mailed to the address you provided on your order form. Please contact the bookstore with any questions. When you receive your order, please open it and make sure you received all items and in the correct size
- If you did not preorder your regalia you may order it in Barnes and Noble starting April 20.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GRADUATES:
GRADUATES MUST HAVE RSVP’d FOR COMMENCEMENT TO ATTEND.
Metcalf Hall, George Sherman Union
775 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02115
Please arrive STARTING AT 8:45 a.m. but NO LATER THAN 9:15 a.m. to the 2nd floor conference auditorium of the George Sherman Union. There will be signs and staff members on site to direct you. We expect there will typical rush hour delays as well as additional commencement traffic, so please plan your travel accordingly to arrive on time! Arriving late will affect your ability to participate in commencement. Upon arrival you will check-in and be given instruction about the day’s proceedings.
You must have regalia to participate. Please visit the BU GMS Commencement Page for how to order/pick up regalia. Your regalia should include a red gown, hood, black cap, and a white tassel (if you’re getting a M.A.) or gold tassel (if you’re getting a M.S.). If you borrowed GMS regalia, you need to return it to the regalia donation bin after the reception (see below).
NOTES FOR GRADUATES:
For security purposes, graduates should carry their regalia into event venues and then dress in designated lineup areas. Please do not bring any personal items or valuables that you cannot fit in a pocket under your gown. Any personal items should be left with family before arriving, you will not be allowed in the lineup room with bags, gift bags, wrapped gifts, packages, briefcases, backpacks, or luggage.
REGALIA DONATION: If you are interested in having future graduates use your regalia, hopefully for many years, then please feel free to donate them. A bin will be placed on a table in the lobby of the 2nd floor of George Sherman Union to collect donated regalia.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GUESTS:
Metcalf Hall will open at 9 am. Guests may wait in the George Sherman Union if they arrive prior to the Metcalf Hall doors opening.
Guests do not need a ticket to attend commencement.
Seating will be first come, first serve. There will be no reserved seating except for people with disabilities and guests of student speakers.
For more information see:
- All University for Commencement
- Parents and Visitors
- Diplomas, Transcripts and Accounts
REMINDER: If you have an assigned locker on campus, then please remove all of the contents from the locker no later than July 31, 2015 so we can reassign for incoming students. Thank you for your cooperation.
Once again, please do not hesitate to contact Amy Gartland (617)638-5255 for additional information.