GMSSO Professional Development Award
This up to $500 scholarship can be used by a qualified GMS graduate student for a variety of events including attending a professional interview or conference. There are two application deadlines each year on October 15 and March 15.
1. Definition of professional development award:
- An award of up to $500 (depending on applicant pool) towards the cost of travel to or registration for a professional interview, conference, workshop or society.
- Available to current full and part-time students enrolled in any program within the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS).
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of outstanding track record of volunteer service in the Greater Boston Area since matriculation.
2. What can the money be used for?
- Any expenses incurred on trip (i.e. flight, hotel, food, gas, rental car, conference fees, etc.)
- The award can be awarded retroactively or used for a future trip within that school year.
3. How to apply:
- Complete the application and turn it in either electronically (preferred) to the GMSSO (email@example.com) or a hard copy to the GMS office (L-317).
- Applications deadlines are October 15th and March 15th each year.
- You may include an optional letter of support from your volunteer coordinator or supervisor as well as an additional sheet listing your scholarly activities.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF ATTENDANCE (conference registration, email/letter confirming interview, etc.) with the application or before receiving the award.
- Acceptance of award is contingent upon agreeing to and submitting a one paragraph summary of your participation and experience gained at this event to be published on the GMSSO website. This summary should be e-mailed to the GMSSO (firstname.lastname@example.org) within two weeks of after the event.
4. Have any questions?