GMSSO Professional Development Award
This $500 scholarship can be used by a qualified GMS graduate student for a variety of events including professional interview or conference. There are two application deadlines each year on October 15 and March 15. For more details please see the information and application link.
1. Definition of professional development award:
- A $500 scholarship towards the cost of travel to a professional interview or conference
- Available to current full and part-time students enrolled in any program within the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of outstanding track record of volunteer service in the Greater Boston community since matriculation.
2. What can money be used for?
- Any expenses incurred on trip (i.e.: flight, hotel, food, gas, rental car, conference fees, etc.)
- The scholarship can be awarded retroactively or used for a future planned trip
3. How to apply for award:
- Fill out both pages of this application and turn it in to the GMS office (L-315)
- Two Application Deadlines: October 15 and March 15
- You may include an optional letter of support from volunteer coordinator or supervisor and additional sheet listing activities
- You must provide proof of attendance (e.g., conference registration, email/letter confirming interview, etc.) with the application or before receiving the award
- Acceptance of Award is contingent upon agreeing to and submitting one paragraph summary of your participation at this event to be published on the GMSSO website. This summary should be e-mailed to the GMSSO (email@example.com) within two weeks of return.