GMS wishes you a safe and enjoyable Independence Day weekend! The last day of...
Oral Health Sciences Academic Policies and Procedures
All students should familiarize themselves with the general Policies of the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences as well as the program-specific requirements set forth in this document.
Policies related to Oral Health Sciences students are shown below.
- To receive credit towards graduation requirements, students must receive grades of B- or higher in all required and elective courses.
- To successfully complete the program, students must receive a grade of C or higher in all required courses, even though credit will not be given for grades lower than B-.
- When course requirements have not been met during the semester of registration due to extenuating circumstances, a grade of Incomplete (I) may be assigned at the discretion of the Course Manager. Please note that a grade of I can only be given if the student is doing passing work in the course (grade of B- or higher). Students should complete the course as soon as possible or within one calendar year.
- If a student receives grades of C+ or lower in 8 or more credits in a given semester, the student will be notified and placed on Academic Probation. Students on Academic Probation must meet with their advisor to develop a plan for academic improvement and remediation of relevant coursework.
- The option to remediate is dictated by the Course Director with some courses not permitting remediation.
- Students who remediate any exam are not eligible to receive a grade higher than a B-.