MA & MS Student Forms
Many of the following forms are writable PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
NOTE for MAC Users: If using Google Chrome please save the writable PDF before completing and open and edit using a different browser.
Registration and Certified Full Time Forms: These forms must be submitted hard copy with both student and advisor original signatures.
- Use these forms to register for any course that cannot be registered for online.
- Full-time continuing students registering for continuing studies (GMS MS 985/986, 0 credits) do NOT need to complete the Registration form. Only the Certified Full Time (CTF) form is required.
- Part-time continuing students registering for continuing studies (0 credits) should complete the Registration form and register for GMS MS 983/984.
Use the Class Adjustment form to add or drop courses that cannot be registered for online or for changes made after online registration has ended. This form must be submitted hard copy with appropriate signatures.
Petition Forms and Special Request Forms
- Petition for Transfer Credits ( Program specific rules apply)
- Biostatistics Petition Form ( Program specific rules apply)
- Name change petition form (For student's who name changes due to marriage/divorce, must provide documentation)
- Personal Data Update form ( For students without internet access to student link to update personal information.)
- MAMS Document release form ( MAMS students only for dual degree applications)
- Request for Certified Full-Time Documentation
- Withdrawal Leave of Absence Form
- IRB 101 for BUMC Graduate Students IRB Submission with Mary-Tara Roth, Director, Clinical Research Resources Office (CRRO). View Video Recording or Slides.
Diploma and Thesis Submission Information
M.A./M.S. Thesis Information
- 2014 Graduation calendar MA & MS
- Research Guide for Writers of Dissertation and Thesis and Electronic Submission
- Video Tutorials for Thesis & Dissertation Electronic Submission
- Sample Letter Requesting Circulation Restriction for Thesis or Dissertation
- Sample Letter Requesting Permission to Use Copyrighted Material in Thesis or Dissertation
- Dissertation and Thesis Formatting Tips -Feb-2014
- GMS_MA-MS thesis Template(updated Jan/2014)PLEASE NOTE: The Research Guide For Writers Of Theses (#2 above) indicates that a Master's thesis abstract should be no more than 250 words. GMS Abstracts can be up to 750 words (approximately 2 pages).
M.A./M.S. Thesis and Capstone Forms
- Thesis Title Approval Form (For programs requiring a thesis).
- Thesis Agreement Form (For OHS and MAMS students completing a graded research based thesis)
- Capstone Project Form (Oral Health Sciences students only)
- Special Service Appointment Form (Students requesting a non-GMS faculty serve as a Second Reader for the MA or MS thesis must complete this form.)