Ph.D. & M.D./Ph.D. Commencement Information
The Division of Graduate Medical Sciences is pleased to announce this year’s plans for the BUSM Commencement Ceremony for the M.D., M.D./Ph.D., and Ph.D. candidates. The ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 9:00AM in Agganis Arena. All students are encouraged to attend the ceremony to celebrate your accomplishments. We look forward to making this a special event for you and your families!
- All graduates who will participate in the BUSM Commencement ceremony must wear a cap and gown. Doctoral students may rent their regalia through the Barnes & Noble website portal here through March 16. Online ordering includes a $10 discount ($85 online by 3/16) and students may choose to ship their regalia to store or their home address. Pick-up of previous online orders will be available on April 28th if the “ship to store” option was selected. Otherwise, the regalia should be mailed to the address you provided on your order form. Please contact the bookstore with any questions. When you receive your order, please open it and make sure you received all items and in the correct size.
- PhD regalia will include:
- Red gown with black chevrons on the sleeves, a dark blue PhD hood, a black cap, a gold tassel
- PhD regalia will include:
- MD/PhD regalia will include:
- Red gown with black chevrons on the sleeves, a dark blue PhD hood, a Kelly green MD hood, a black cap, a gold tassel
- Students not ordering online by March 16 will have the opportunity to place an order in-store at the BU Barnes & Noble beginning April 20.
- Please note: all rentals must be returned to the BU Barnes & Noble in order to avoid late charges and to prevent the University from withholding your transcript. There will be a location to return your regalia on site after the ceremony.
- Hooders: Please make sure your PI or faculty hooder is aware of the BUSM Commencement date and time. Remind them that they should have ordered regalia through the BU Barnes & Noble, and that they should report to Agganis at 8:00 AM. If your hooder has not yet ordered regalia, they must contact the BU Barnes & Noble immediately (email@example.com)
- Deadline March 13th
- In order to sign-up you must have submitted your diploma application.
- Details will come by email following submission of the diploma application ( found on the Student Forms page).
- Questions regarding Commencement sign-up, email Dan Stultz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email should include your name, email and degree program.
The Student Commencement Speaker for the 2015 convocation will be announced soon.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
BUSM Commencement, Saturday, May 16, 2015
|8:15 am||Graduates and faculty arrive and line-up for procession|
|8:30 am||Foyer doors to Agganis Arena open for guests and families|
|9:30-12:00 pm||BUSM Commencement Ceremony Agganis Arena,925 Commonwealth Ave, Boston|
|12:00-2:00 pm||Reception BU Fitness & Recreation Center,915 Commonwealth Ave,|
*Please note that students are also able to attend the All University Commencement on Sunday May 17 but that requires a different registration through Student link (see All University below).
For more information see:
- All University for Commencement
- Parents and Visitors
- Diplomas, Transcripts and Accounts