MA/MS Commencement Information
The Division of Graduate Medical Sciences is pleased to announce this year’s plans for the GMS Commencement Ceremony on May 16, 2014 We look forward to helping you celebrate your academic achievements.
The Masters ceremony will be held on Friday, May 16, 2014 at 10AM in the George Sherman Union. For specific information, please see the following document.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
M.A./M.S. Division of Graduate Medical Sciences Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 16, 2014
|9:00am||Degree candidates and faculty convene to form procession line-upGeorge Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue|
|10:00am||Commencement Ceremony Metcalf Hall, George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue|
|12:00pm||Commencement Reception Ziskind Lounge,
George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Avenue
REMINDER: If you have an assigned locker on campus, then please remove all of the contents from the locker no later than July 31, 2014 so we can reassign for incoming students. Thank you for your cooperation.
Attendance sign-up is closed. We encourage you to attend the GMS MA/MS ceremony to celebrate your accomplishments. We look forward to making this a special event for you and your families!
*Please note that students are also able to attend the All University Commencement on Sunday May 18 but that requires a different registration (see All University below).
- All graduates who will participate in the GMS Commencement ceremony must wear a cap and gown. Masters candidates must buy their regalia, renting is not available.
- Please order your regalia ONLINE through the Barnes & Noble website portal here through March 19. Online ordering includes a $10 discount ($103 online by 3/19) and students may choose to ship the regalia to store or their home address. Pick-up of previous online orders will be available on April 28th if the “ship to store” option was selected. Otherwise, the regalia should be mailed to the address you provided on your order form. Please contact the bookstore with any questions. When you receive your order, please open it and make sure you received all items and in the correct size.
- Master of Arts candidates wear red gowns with a white tassel and a white hood.
- Master of Science candidates wear red gowns with a yellow tassel and a yellow hood.
- Students not ordering online by March 19 will have the opportunity to place an order in-store at the BU Barnes & Noble beginning April 28 and continuing through Commencement on May 16th.
- GMS will provide a box at the Reception if you wish to donate your cap/gown/hood/tassel to next year’s graduating class.
Please make sure that your hooder is aware of the GMS Commencement date and time. Remind them that they should have ordered regalia through the BU Barnes & Noble and that they should report to the George Sherman Union, Metcalf Hall at 9:00 AM. If your hooder has not yet ordered regalia, they must contact the BU Barnes & Noble immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org).
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING
- MBTA: Take B Green Line towards Boston College. Stop at Boston University Central.
- Parking: Free parking available at Warren Towers, 700 Commonwealth Ave.
OUTSTANDING STUDENT ACCOUNT BALANCE
In order to attend the GMS Commencement on May 16, 2014, students must complete payment of their account balances with Student Accounting Services by April 30, 2014, as well as complete their academic requirements. The University will make every attempt to ensure that diplomas are awarded at the GMS Commencement to students who have met academic requirements but have not completed payment of their account balances until after April 30, 2014, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Once again, please do not hesitate to contact Dianna Puleo for additional information.