Ph.D. & M.D./Ph.D. Commencement Information
The Division of Graduate Medical Sciences is pleased to announce this year’s plans for the BUSM Commencement Ceremony for the M.D., M.D./Ph.D., and Ph.D. candidates on May 17, 2014.
The Ph.D. and M.D. ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 9:30AM in Agganis Arena. For specific information please see the following document.
Please complete the 2014 Doctoral Commencement Form by Wednesday, March 26, 2014 whether you intend to attend the Doctoral Commencement or not. We also encourage you to attend the All University Commencement on Sunday, May 18, 2014 (see links below.)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
BUSM Commencement, Saturday, May 17, 2014
|8:15 am||Graduates and faculty arrive and line-up for procession|
|8:30 am||Foyer doors to Agganis Arena open for guests and families|
|9:30-12:00 pm||BUSM Commencement Ceremony Agganis Arena,925 Commonwealth Ave, Boston|
|12:00-2:00 pm||Reception BU Fitness & Recreation Center,915 Commonwealth Ave,|
The Student Commencement Speaker for the 2014 convocation is Ariana D. Harris. Congratulations!
- All graduates who will participate in the BUSM Commencement ceremony must wear a cap and gown. Doctoral Students may rent their regalia through the Barnes & Noble website portal here.
- Please order your regalia ONLINE through the Barnes & Noble website portal here through March 19. Online ordering includes a $10 discount ($85 online by 3/19) and students may choose to ship their regalia to store or their home address. Pick-up of previous online orders will be available on April 28th if the “ship to store” option was selected. Otherwise, the regalia should be mailed to the address you provided on your order form. Please contact the bookstore with any questions. When you receive your order, please open it and make sure you received all items and in the correct size.
- PhD regalia will include:
- Red gown with black chevrons on the sleeves, a dark blue PhD hood, a black cap, a gold tassel
- PhD regalia will include:
- MD/PhD regalia will include:
- Red gown with black chevrons on the sleeves, a dark blue PhD hood, a Kelly green MD hood, a black cap, a gold tassel
- Students not ordering online by March 19 will have the opportunity to place an order in-store at the BU Barnes & Noble beginning April 28..
- Please note: all rentals must be returned before May 25th to the BU Barnes & Noble in order to avoid late charges and to prevent the University from withholding your transcript. There will be a location to return your regalia on site after the ceremony.
Please make sure your PI or faculty hooder is aware of the BUSM Commencement date and time. Remind them that they should have ordered regalia through the BU Barnes & Noble, and that they should report to Agganis at 8:30 AM. If your hooder has not yet ordered regalia, they must contact the BU Barnes & Noble immediately (email@example.com).
TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING
MBTA: Take B Green Line towards Boston College. Stop at Pleasant St.
Parking: Free parking will be available at Agganis Arena, 925 Commonwealth Ave. There will be additional parking along Commonwealth Ave., and all BU Lots will be free of charge.
Beginning April 1st, you can request accessible seating, parking, or other accommodations for yourself or for any of your guests attending the BUSM Commencement by visiting the Disability Services website and by completing a Disability Accommodations Request form.
OUTSTANDING STUDENT ACCOUNT BALANCE
In order to attend the BUSM Commencement on May 17, 2014, students must complete payment of their account balances with Student Accounting Services by April 30, 2014, as well as complete their academic requirements. The University will make every attempt to ensure that diplomas are awarded at the BUSM Commencement to students who have met academic requirements, but have not completed payment of their account balances until after April 30, 2014, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Once again please do not hesitate to contact William Mara for additional information.