MAMS Specialization Options: Concentrations and Dual Degrees

Although the M.S. in Medical Sciences (MAMS) degree will provide students with the background essential to pursue a variety of careers in the health professions, there are several opportunities to specialize in related fields.

You can take advantage of these opportunities by completing a concentration in one of three disciplines, Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine, Clinical Investigation or Nutrition or by pursing a dual degree through a combined M.S. in Medical Sciences/M.S. in Clinical Investigation or M.S. in Medical Sciences/ M.A. in Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine Program and the combined M.S. in Medical Sciences/M.P.H. Degree Program with the School of Public Health.

Applicants interested in a dual degree program should first apply to the MAMS degree program and once accepted, apply to the second program of your choice.  Applicants interested in a concentration, should contact the appropriate Program Director during Orientation in August.