Registration Directions for Faculty
SPRING 2016 Semester: January 29, 2016 – May 7, 2016
(Registration begins November 1, 2015)
FALL 2015: September 2, 2015 – December 15, 2015
SPRING INCOMING STUDENTS: All spring in-comings students will need to meet with their program director and submit a registration form to register for classes.
FALL INCOMING STUDENTS: All incoming students will be pre-registered for core courses by the Division office. Registration will be finalized after meeting with their academic advisor during Orientation.
Academic Advising Access Code
In order for the On-line Registration Student Academic Advising Access code to be matched to the correct advisor, program administrators should verify (either through Faculty Link or UIS) that the student record of your advisee or cohort of advisees accurately list the name of the advisor. Academic Advising Access Code will be emailed to the assigned advisor via email. If there is more than one advisor, then the first name on the list will be matched to student’s Academic Advising Access code. Active graduate degree students should register using On-line Registration.
Advisor will be responsible for meeting with students:
- All Students are required to register each semester until completion of degree.
- Students completing degree requirements in one year, must register for four semesters. (fall, spring, Sum I & Sum II)
- Degree Advice – review academic record and academic requirements.
- Students may NOT register for or audit courses in other colleges at the University, this excludes PhD Students.
- BT Courses or Undergraduate courses are not graduate level courses and will not count towards a graduate degree.
- Students may ADD a course on-line up to the official add deadline.
- Students may DROP a course on-line up to the official drop deadline without a “W” grade.
- Students may only take up to two semesters of Leave of Absence.
- Students must submit a diploma application by the deadline in order to be allowed to attend the May Commencement.
- Certify Full-Time Form – student taking less than 12 credits may submit a CFT form. Student must indicate specific details of their objectives and total hours per week.
Some GMS courses are restricted for On-line Registration. For these courses, student must submit a class adjustment form (add/drop form) via the GMS website Student Page.
may not register for more than 18 credits of courses without written permission from their program director and academic advisor. If granted this permission, they are assessed full‐time tuition plus $1,482 per credit for each credit above 18 credits.
Continuing Students Certified Full-time With Courses
Students continuing in a program but who are not registered for a full-time course load due to the completion of other degree requirements, such as research, may submit a Certified Full-Time (CFT) Form if registering for less than twelve credits of course work. This form must be submitted via the GMS website Student Page form submission. Students should indicate the type of independent work and total hours per week during the specific semester or it may be denied. Visa regulations require that most International students register as full–time students either by course registration or by certification.
Continuing Students Certified Full-Time Without Courses
Students must submit the Full-Time Certification Form only, no registration form is required. Tuition equivalent to two credits will be charged. This form must be submitted via the GMS website Student Page form submission. Students should indicate the type of independent work and total hours per week during the specific semester or it may be denied. Visa regulations require that most International students register as full–time students either by course registration or by certification.
Continuing Students Part-Time - Without Courses
All Part-Time continuing students may register on-line via the Student Link Online Registration for the (fall – course #GMS MS 983 S A1 / spring – course #GMS MS 984 S B1).
Non-Degree Students may NOT register On-Line. Registration form must be submitted with instructor and advisor signatures to the GMS office.
Class Adjustment (Add/Drop) Spring 2016
- Students may ADD a course via On-line Registration up to the last day to add a class. Some GMS courses are restricted for On-line registration. For these courses, student must a class adjustment form (add/drop form) via the GMS website Student Page form submission.
- Students may DROP a course without a “W” grade up February 23, 2016 via on-line registration for standard courses.
- Students choosing to drop a course after the “W” grade drop deadline must submit a Class Adjustment form with both the instructor (s) and advisor signatures. A “W” grade will post on students transcript. (W) Drop date deadlines: April 1, 2016.
- Non‐standard courses should use the Student Link to view pertinent add/drop deadlines because non‐standard classes have a customized drop schedule.
- Students should notify their program director and administrator, if they add or drop classes after the payment deadline in order for scholarship award to be adjusted accordingly.
- If the student status changes from part‐time (0‐11 credits) to full‐time (12‐18 credits) or vice-versa in order to have tuition charges corrected notify the GMS Registrar.
- A revised scholarship voucher must be submitted to Ms. Sherill Ashe, Financial Aid Administrator (617-638-5216) at the GMS office.
- Students may NOT register or audit courses in other colleges at the University without advisor approval.
Spring 2016 Registration information
Summer 2016 Registration information
Active students who have an active BU login account and Kerberos password can register for summer classes on the student link. Students do not need an academic advising code for summer registration, but are required to meet with their advisor before registering for classes. Some GMS courses are restricted from on-line registration. For these courses, students will need to submit a Registration form which requires both the instructor and advisor signature.
Academic advising codes for summer 2016 can be provided at the request of an advisor by emailing Millie Agosto with your request.
Information can be found on the GMS website Student Page.
- Registration, Withdrawal and Leave of Absence
- GMS Forms
- Course Offerings
- Important Dates
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Information for International Students
- Students Accounts
- Student Health Insurance