Registration Directions for Faculty
SPRING 2015: January 20, 2014 – May 9, 2015
(Pre-Registration begins October 26, 2014)
FALL 2014: September 2, 2014 – December 29, 2014
Diploma application for the January 2015 graduation, are due November 3, 2014.
Diploma application for the May 2015 graduation, are due January 5, 2015.
SPRING INCOMING STUDENTS: All spring in-comings students will need to meet with their program director and submit a registration form to register for classes.
FALL INCOMING STUDENTS: All incoming students will be pre-registered for core courses by the Division office. Registration will be finalized after meeting with their academic advisor during Orientation.
Academic Advising Access Code
In order for the On-line Registration Student Academic Advising Access code to be matched to the correct advisor, program administrators should verify (either through Faculty Link or UIS) that the student record of your advisee or cohort of advisees accurately list the name of the advisor. Academic Advising Access Code will be emailed to the assigned advisor via email. If there is more than one advisor, then the first name on the list will be matched to student’s Academic Advising Access code. Active graduate degree students should register using On-line Registration.
Advisor will be responsible for meeting with students:
- All Students are required to register each semester until completion of degree.
- Degree Advice – review academic record and academic requirements.
- Students may NOT register for or audit courses in other colleges at the University, this excludes PhD Students.
- BT Courses or Undergraduate courses are not graduate level courses and will not count towards a graduate degree.
- Students may ADD a course on-line up to the official add deadline.
- Students may DROP a course on-line up to the official drop deadline without a “W” grade.
- Students may only take up to two semesters of Leave of Absence.
- Students must submit a diploma application by the deadline in order to be allowed to attend the May Commencement.
- Certify Full-Time Form – student taking less than 12 credits may submit a CFT form. Student must indicate clearly specific details of their objectives and total hours per week.
Some GMS courses are restricted for On-line Registration. For these courses, student must submit a Registration Form or a Class Adjustment Form (add/drop) with Instructor and advisor signature.
may not register for more than 18 credits of courses without written permission from their program director and academic advisor. If granted this permission, they are assessed full‐time tuition plus $1,428 per credit for each credit above 18 credits.
Continuing Students Full-Time Without Courses
For registration of GMS MS 985 A1 (fall) or GMS MS 986 A1 (spring) students must submit the Full-Time Certification Form. No registration form is required. Tuition equivalent to two credits will be charged. This form must be signed by the students advisor and submitted as a hard copy to the GMS office, L309. Students should indicate the type of independent work and total hours per week during the semester. Please note student must indicate specific details of their objectives or it may be denied. Visa regulations require that most International students register as full–time students either by course registration or by certification.
Continuing Students Part-Time Without Courses
(Fall GMS MS 983 or Spring GMS MS 984) Students who are continuing students part-time may register on the Student Link via the Online Registration.
Non-Degree Students may NOT register On-Line. Registration form must be submitted with instructor and advisor signature to the GMS office.
Class Adjustment (Add/Drop) Spring 2015
- Students may ADD a course via On-line Registration up to the last day to add a class. Some GMS courses are restricted for On-line registration. For these courses, student must submit a Registration form or a Class Adjustment Form with instructor and advisor signature.
- Students may DROP a course without a “W” grade up February 24, 2015 via on-line registration for standard courses.
- Students choosing to drop a course after the “W” grade drop deadline must submit a Class Adjustment form with both the instructor (s) and advisor signatures. A “W” grade will post on students transcript. (W) Drop date deadlines: February 25 – April 3, 2015.
- Non‐standard courses should use the Student Link to view pertinent add/drop deadlines because non‐standard classes have a customized drop schedule.
- Students should notify their program director if they add and/or drop classes after the payment deadline in order for scholarship award adjustments to be revised.
- If the student status changes from part‐time (0‐11 credits) to full‐time (12‐18 credits) or vice-versa in order to have tuition charges corrected notify the GMS Registrar.
- A revised scholarship voucher must be submitted to Ms. Sherill Ashe, Financial Aid Administrator (617-638-5216) at the GMS office.
- Students may NOT register or audit courses in other colleges at the University without advisor approval.
Spring 2015 Registration information
Summer 2015 Registration information
Active students who have an active BU login account and Kerberos password can register for summer classes on the student link. Students do not need an academic advising code for summer registration, but are required to meet with their advisor before registering for classes. Some GMS courses are restricted from on-line registration. For these courses, students will need to submit a Registration form which requires both the instructor and advisor signature.
Academic advising codes for summer 2015 can be provided at the request of an advisor by emailing Millie Agosto with your request.
Information can be found on the STUDENTS page.
- GMS Forms
- Course Offerings
- Important Dates
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Information for International Students:
- Students Accounts:
- Student Health Insurance: