Congratulations to our GMS faculty Drs. Cathy Costello and Vickery Trinkaus Randall.
PhD Student Support Directions
- GMS will support the cost of the PLUS student health plan and fees unless student will be supported by outside source.
- Indicate if student will waive BU health insurance – (student will be responsible for completing and submitting insurance waiver form. It must be accepted by Student Accounting Services before the BU health insurance charge can be lifted)
- Indicate source of outside support and specify what is being covered.
- Department/ Program training grant administrators are required to complete and submit to GMS financial aid office a Fund Data Sheet Form and a copy of the grant’s Notice of Award information.
- GMS financial aid office will submit completed and signed fund data sheet to CRC Financial Aid Office for fund number assignment.
- Access given to GMS financial aid administrator to charge grant amounts indicated in PhD Student Support Spreadsheet.
- GMS financial aid office will process all PhD Student Support Spreadsheets submitted.
- The completed fund data sheet will be forwarded to Research Accounting for signature (confirm funding availability) and OFA for fund number assignment – process can take a couple of weeks.
- Department/Program administrators will need to submit a completed PhD Student Support Spreadsheet for all GMS student being supported by the grant.
This information should be submitted to the GMS financial aid office at least 2 weeks prior to the published continuing student registration/payment deadline in order to ensure timely student bill settlement.
- Training Grant Administrators that reside outside GMS and who wish to support GMS students are responsible for communicating with the Department/ Program Administrators and GMS Financial Aid Office for all students being supported by the grant.
- Department/ Program Administrators should be notified by the Training Grant Administrator of the following:
How much funding is available to each student
What is being covered (tuition, fee, health insurance)
- Department/ Program Administrators should access students registration records via faculty link to confirm credit hour enrollment, fee assessment, and if student waived BU health insurance.
If administrators don’t currently have access to on-line registration information via faculty link, please provide the following information and submit to the GMS Registrar, Millie Agosto and access can be granted:
Full name and ID number of all students in department/program
Department / program name
Name and BU ID number of appropriate administrator/s who seeks access
This information should be submitted to the GMS financial aid office at least two weeks prior to the published continuing student registration/payment deadline in order to ensure timely student bill settlement