MA/MS Steering Committee Members and Minutes
Meeting and Minutes
GMS Steering Committees shall:
- be structured as two subcommittees, each chaired by the Associate Dean for GMS, one for the Masters programs and one for the Doctoral programs, which will meet jointly once per academic semester.
- The Doctoral Steering Committee members comprise the Chair of each basic science department, one elected member from each basic science department, and the Program Director of each Doctoral program. Representatives from the Academic Policy Committee, the GMS Student Organization, the Masters Steering Committee, and the Faculty Forum for GMS will be nonvoting ex officio One designated member will represent this committee at the Masters Steering Committee meetings.
- The Masters Steering Committee members comprise the Program Directors of each Masters program. Representatives from the Academic Policy Committee, the GMS Student Organization, the Doctoral Steering Committee, and the Faculty Forum for GMS will be nonvoting ex officio members. One designated member will represent this committee at the Doctoral Steering Committee meetings.
- meet monthly to:
- consider issues relevant to the Committee’s responsibilities, including budgetary and fiscal information that affects new and continuing GMS programs, working with the Associate Dean for GMS.
- review the annual report of the Division prior to distribution to the faculty.
- refer particular action of these matters to the Standing or ad hoc committees of GMS, Dean of the School of Medicine, Associate Dean for GMS, or GMS as a whole.
- be responsible to GMS members for reviewing, proposing changes to the GMS Faculty, and implementing academic policies in:
- current programs or the creation of new programs.
- the curriculum, admission standards, standards of academic performance, and granting of degrees.
- student financial support.
- recommending the appointment of members to the GMS Faculty.
- receiving and reviewing recommendations from other Standing Committees.